Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

Hello

Well I never, Who'd have believed it.....

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

Before that it will be at Ally Pally next weekend and we look forward to seeing every-one there.

Cheers

George 

Hello

I forgot to mention that there will be a new train running on Fenchurch St Peter at All Pally next weekend. A number of people have asked me, on here as well as at exhibitions if we run the sand train on the layout. The train they are referring to is the train from Middleton Towers to Doncaster train conveying sand for use in the manufacture of glass. Our version will not be an exact copy of the train in the 1960s but will consist of a mix of wagon types used at that time in different sand traffic flows in East Anglia using Brush type 2 haulage. I have no idea if the train ever ran on the Wisbech branch but in our world it does sometimes. I'm sure that a lot of you know that this traffic still runs most days using DBS and GBRF haulage and considerably larger wagons than we have. I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello 

Sadly Fenchurch St peter will be unable to attend Trainwest next weekend due to my current illness. Many apologies and hope to see you soon.

Cheers

GEorge

• Friendly/supportive 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello 

Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the Stowmarket exhibition next Sunday April 28th. Sadly I shall not be there due to my recent bout of illness and decrepitude though I will be there in spirit. The layout will be in the capable hands of John Norton and Richard Coleman and possibly A N Other.

Cheers

George

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, George Woodcock said:

Hello 

Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the Stowmarket exhibition next Sunday April 28th. Sadly I shall not be there due to my recent bout of illness and decrepitude though I will be there in spirit. The layout will be in the capable hands of John Norton and Richard Coleman and possibly A N Other.

Cheers

George

A N other will be Simon George as i understand it folowing a chat with Cobbler ( Richard C )

George,

Sorry to hear you are not well, I wish you a speedy recovery in due course. Fenchurch St Peter has always been one of my favourite layouts on the forum and I would love to see it in the flesh. Sadly I haven't managed it yet but hopefully might do one day if you venture north. I hope the show goes well, especially in your absence, and get well soon. Please keep sharing any news about the layout as it is very inspirational. 

Hello

Fenchurch St Peter will be at  Preston and York next year which are pretty far north in my book. Hope to see you at one or the other of these excellent shows.

Cheers

George 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello

I hope to be able to visit Swad for one day, probably the Saturday. We should have been there with a layout but had to withdraw due to another commitment. Hope to be there with a layout next year. Loook forward to seeing you soon old friend.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Hello

Fenchurch is now loaded in the van ready for an early start tomorrow. I will think of the lads as I roll over and sleep on. Hope the day goes well for every-one.

Cheers

George

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/04/2019 at 15:35, George Woodcock said:

Hello

Fenchurch St Peter will be at  Preston and York next year which are pretty far north in my book. Hope to see you at one or the other of these excellent shows.

Cheers

George 

Thanks for the tip-off George - should be able to catch you at York then! 

Hello

Look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers

George               

• Thanks 1

Hello 

Fenchurch St Peter is now safely back home after its trip to East Anglia. Its next outing will be to Wigan in October.

Cheers

George

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, George Woodcock said:

Hello 

Fenchurch St Peter is now safely back home after its trip to East Anglia. Its next outing will be to Wigan in October.

Cheers

George

Glad the show went well. I hope you are feeling much better soon. Take care!

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

Sorry I missed this last post. I went there when I was building the layout. Absolutely amazed that the platform and structures on it had still survived. The station house was lived in by the wonderful Neville John Watson who was very helpful to me. I hope he is still OK as he was 86 at the time. Just to say to any-ne who is interested that Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the forthcoming Wigan Exhibition on October 5th and 6th. Any-one on here who is attending please say hello.

Hello

Five days to go till the journey north, looking forward to it.

Cheers

George

On 25/09/2019 at 11:09, George Woodcock said:

Hello

I went there when I was building the layout. Absolutely amazed that the platform and structures on it had still survived. The station house was lived in by the wonderful Neville John Watson who was very helpful to me. I hope he is still OK as he was 86 at the time. Just to say to any-ne who is interested that Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the forthcoming Wigan Exhibition on October 5th and 6th. Any-one on here who is attending please say hello.

mmmmmmm............

• Like 1
  • Agree 1