Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

• RMweb Gold

I enjoyed the article on Fenchurch St Mary when it was in the Modeller, hopefully this has a different angle on the subject. Looking forward to reading it.

I see the cover shot was trimmed from last month's spread to exclude Andy Y's key...! ;)

Edited by Ramblin Rich

Only one sleep to go before it hits the shelves !

Been counting down the days using my converted Thomas the Tank Engine advent calendar, unfortunately the chocolates have already been eaten !

Unsure whether to ask them to sign my copy, not sure if an unsigned copy would be worth more in my pension portfolio fund

• RMweb Premium

Wonder if the DVD tells you how to attend shows and then go on walkabout and leave the operating to your Minions

Hi Richard

It seems to be a skill all of the Wrecking Crew have mastered apart from your good self. How many times this last year have I either seen Toaster or Fenchurch and said "Hello Richard and Paul" because the owner and his mate are no where to be seen.  :scratchhead:

Well George is normally close by but far too busy nattering to be playing trains. 

I did find this rare event, a Wrecking Crew member operating a layout because the owner wasn't around. :O

post-16423-0-08710500-1483562857_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I did find this rare event, a Wrecking Crew member operating a layout because the owner wasn't around. :O

That is not operating. That is "still life"

(Alternate caption: Dave twiddling with his knob..................)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

A pic of Dave T operating someone's layout.

Now that is a rare pic. I personally think you've photoshopped that Clive. It just wouldn't happen in the real world.

That's OK then, Dave isn't in the real world...............................

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

How did he get into our layout thread? Who is he anyway? Any way got my copy of BRM today and am very pleased with the article . Everybody gets their name checks so hopefully no complaints! The DVD is probably watched with a friend for those of a nervous disposition. Any way thanks to Andy, Ben and every-one at BRM for featuring us. I tried to make the article a bit different from it's predecessor , I hope I succeeded. Actually Dave did make a contribution to Fenchurch; he loaned us the diesel brake tender.

Cheers

George

Hi Richard

.....Well George is normally close by but far too busy nattering to be playing trains. 

I did find this rare event, a Wrecking Crew member operating a layout because the owner wasn't around....

Yes, if there are some hind legs nearby, George will be talking them off! ;)

Personally, the character in that photo looks rather dodgy, and I wouldn't have let him anywhere near a layout of mine! ;)

Thank you to George who just phoned me up to say thanks for the article; a nice thought but that's George anyway, one of the nicest blokes in the hobby. All the credit is down to you and your friendly team anyway. Hope you get on the mend after a frustrating few weeks.

• Like 2

I don't believe it , must have had a fast shutter speed to catch him operating

If anyone does spot Mr T just remind him he's supposed to be writing some words for me on part of his massive empire. ;)

Yes, if there are some hind legs nearby, George will be talking them off! ;)

Personally, the character in that photo looks rather dodgy, and I wouldn't have let him anywhere near a layout of mine! ;)

Given half a chance he'd be delighted to get you very close to his.... Edited by RANGERS

Hello

Utter rubbish, it's only car-parks I have trouble with.

Cheers

George