Jump to content

George Woodcock

Fenchurch St Peter

Recommended Posts

Hello

 

       Hmmmmmmm indeed Ernie

 

                                      Cheers

 

                                                    George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

              Well I never, Who'd have believed it.....

 

                                                               Cheers

 

                                                                          George

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at Trainwest 2019 in Corsham, Wiltshire, on 13 & 14 April.

 

www.trainwest.org.uk

 

Geoff Endacott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

   Before that it will be at Ally Pally next weekend and we look forward to seeing every-one there.

 

                                                              Cheers

 

                                                                              George 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

   I forgot to mention that there will be a new train running on Fenchurch St Peter at All Pally next weekend. A number of people have asked me, on here as well as at exhibitions if we run the sand train on the layout. The train they are referring to is the train from Middleton Towers to Doncaster train conveying sand for use in the manufacture of glass. Our version will not be an exact copy of the train in the 1960s but will consist of a mix of wagon types used at that time in different sand traffic flows in East Anglia using Brush type 2 haulage. I have no idea if the train ever ran on the Wisbech branch but in our world it does sometimes. I'm sure that a lot of you know that this traffic still runs most days using DBS and GBRF haulage and considerably larger wagons than we have. I hope you enjoy it.

 

                                                                                                                Cheers

 

                                                                                                                               George

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 

 

   Sadly Fenchurch St peter will be unable to attend Trainwest next weekend due to my current illness. Many apologies and hope to see you soon.

 

                                                      Cheers

 

                                                                      GEorge

   

  • Friendly/supportive 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes get well soon George 

Steve. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 

 

    Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the Stowmarket exhibition next Sunday April 28th. Sadly I shall not be there due to my recent bout of illness and decrepitude though I will be there in spirit. The layout will be in the capable hands of John Norton and Richard Coleman and possibly A N Other.

 

                                                                                                           Cheers

 

                                                                                                                          George

  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, George Woodcock said:

Hello 

 

    Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the Stowmarket exhibition next Sunday April 28th. Sadly I shall not be there due to my recent bout of illness and decrepitude though I will be there in spirit. The layout will be in the capable hands of John Norton and Richard Coleman and possibly A N Other.

 

                                                                                                           Cheers

 

                                                                                                                          George

 

A N other will be Simon George as i understand it folowing a chat with Cobbler ( Richard C )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George,

 

Sorry to hear you are not well, I wish you a speedy recovery in due course. Fenchurch St Peter has always been one of my favourite layouts on the forum and I would love to see it in the flesh. Sadly I haven't managed it yet but hopefully might do one day if you venture north. I hope the show goes well, especially in your absence, and get well soon. Please keep sharing any news about the layout as it is very inspirational. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

   Fenchurch St Peter will be at  Preston and York next year which are pretty far north in my book. Hope to see you at one or the other of these excellent shows.

 

                                                                                     Cheers

 

                                                                                                       George 

  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope your better soon George and can visit our wonderful Oasis in the Midlands, that is known as Swadlincote, in June for DEMU.

 

Do I need to warn the Local fillies? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

    I hope to be able to visit Swad for one day, probably the Saturday. We should have been there with a layout but had to withdraw due to another commitment. Hope to be there with a layout next year. Loook forward to seeing you soon old friend.

 

                                                                                                                  Cheers

 

                                                                                                                              George

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

     Fenchurch is now loaded in the van ready for an early start tomorrow. I will think of the lads as I roll over and sleep on. Hope the day goes well for every-one.

 

                                                                                                       Cheers

 

                                                                                                                     George

  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2019 at 15:35, George Woodcock said:

Hello

 

   Fenchurch St Peter will be at  Preston and York next year which are pretty far north in my book. Hope to see you at one or the other of these excellent shows.

 

                                                                                     Cheers

 

                                                                                                       George 

 

Thanks for the tip-off George - should be able to catch you at York then! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

   Look forward to seeing you there.

 

                                                         Cheers

 

                                                                      George               

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 

 

    Fenchurch St Peter is now safely back home after its trip to East Anglia. Its next outing will be to Wigan in October.

 

                                                                        Cheers

 

                                                                                            George

  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, George Woodcock said:

Hello 

 

    Fenchurch St Peter is now safely back home after its trip to East Anglia. Its next outing will be to Wigan in October.

 

                                                                        Cheers

 

                                                                                            George

 

Glad the show went well. I hope you are feeling much better soon. Take care!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some photos of a recent visit which shows that one of old Middle Drove platforms complete with shelter and parcels hut is still very much in existence.

 

 

 

P1010161.JPG

P1010165.JPG

Edited by Ben04uk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

   Sorry I missed this last post. I went there when I was building the layout. Absolutely amazed that the platform and structures on it had still survived. The station house was lived in by the wonderful Neville John Watson who was very helpful to me. I hope he is still OK as he was 86 at the time. Just to say to any-ne who is interested that Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the forthcoming Wigan Exhibition on October 5th and 6th. Any-one on here who is attending please say hello.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

      Five days to go till the journey north, looking forward to it.

 

                                                                                          Cheers

 

                                                                                                             George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 11:09, George Woodcock said:

Hello

 

   I went there when I was building the layout. Absolutely amazed that the platform and structures on it had still survived. The station house was lived in by the wonderful Neville John Watson who was very helpful to me. I hope he is still OK as he was 86 at the time. Just to say to any-ne who is interested that Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the forthcoming Wigan Exhibition on October 5th and 6th. Any-one on here who is attending please say hello.

 

mmmmmmm............

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.