Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

Hello

I also have a picture taken in Wisbech in 1967 with a Brush Type2 and 2 Mk1s. Good enough evidence for us to run them. Variety is the spice of life on a layout. . As Richard says we assume it is a substitution for a failed DMU. I have also corrected the TOPs codes on the vanwides. the layout features on the front cover of the Showguide for Warley Exhibition. Another first for us.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Hello

I also have a picture taken in Wisbech in 1967 with a Brush Type2 and 2 Mk1s. Good enough evidence for us to run them. Variety is the spice of life on a layout. . As Richard says we assume it is a substitution for a failed DMU. I have also corrected the TOPs codes on the vanwides. the layout features on the front cover of the Showguide for Warley Exhibition. Another first for us.

Cheers

George

Is that the Andrew Ingram photo showing D5633 with passenger train 3L28 preparing to leave Wisbech East station bound for March? Do you know what service 3L28 was? Was it an Empty Coaching Stock train?

Hello

Yes that is the picture. I have no idea what 3L28 was. if it was an ECS working then presumably it had been a timetable train on the outward journey. It doesn't really matter does it, after all we are talking about a model railway based on a fairly obscure location 50 years ago. we try to make it as authentic as possible but at the end of the day we are in the entertainment business; just another branch of showbiz.  

Cheers

George

• Like 1

It does add variety and fits in very well in my opinion. I don't know if you have a copy of 'Diesels in East Anglia' by Dr Ian Allen but this shows something very similar; a Class 30 D5573 on a King's Lynn to March service in 1965 entering Emneth station with a three coach train.

Hello Ben

I do have the Ian Allen book and yes I have seen the picture though it was the Andrew Ingram picture that provided me with the most inspiration as it was taken in 1967 which is the year the layout is set in. There will be a few more wagons featuring in the freights in future just to add a bit more variety and we have managed to make bit more space in the stock boxes. Nothing exotic just a little change from so many 12T vans.

Cheers

George

Hello Ben

I do have the Ian Allen book and yes I have seen the picture though it was the Andrew Ingram picture that provided me with the most inspiration as it was taken in 1967 which is the year the layout is set in. There will be a few more wagons featuring in the freights in future just to add a bit more variety and we have managed to make bit more space in the stock boxes. Nothing exotic just a little change from so many 12T vans.

Cheers

George

Did the sand to Middleton Towers go via this route in open wagons?

Do you recommend any other good books / sources of photos for the King's Lynn / March / Wisbech area for the last 1960s era?

Hello

We could run sand traffic that way I suppose, I would need to find out what type of wagons they used in the 60s. I don't know of any other books. There are a few sources on the internet but the best and most informative source to me was the TVP DVD 'Branches Across East Anglia'.  John, Richard and I will be at Warley/NEC next weekend with Fenchurch so hope to seesome of you there. 

Cheers

George

• 2 weeks later...

The 24 sounded amazing. Who's sound file was it? What was the speaker? I'm going through the motions of fitting sound to my locos and having earlier factory fitted ones re-blown. The idea being to use a mix so they all sound different. Just wondered who supplied the one in your 24 because its probably the best I've heard. The units all sounded great too. Reckon you got the volume spot on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Sorry for the delay in replying but I had  a fall and broke my left hand. Getting the use back a bit and can now use a keyboard,(sort of). The sound comes complete in our loco from Suttons Locomotive Works and as you say it is as good as it gets. There is a thread on here about or you can go straight to their website. The speaker is two mobile phone speakers, can't remember who did the sound file. The sound in the units and the other locos was supplied by Kev Dickerson of Coastal DCC. Top man.

Cheers

George

Hello

Sorry for the delay in replying but I had  a fall

Cheers

George

So did Humpty Dumpty........

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

He hasn't humped for ages,

We should keep this going.

Lots of totally irrelevant posts on a layout thread, we could call it "A Bow to George"

Wink wink!!!

ABTG - I like it................

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

My turn now I think before I get more humpty. Greetings to both of you fine fellows. Just gotta take a bow. 

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi George

Sorry to hear about your mishap, take it your right handed so can still hold a pint.

All the best to you and the wrecking crew.

See you at Stafford Exhibition if not before.

Eltel