Bachmann Mark 1 liveries still to be produced RTR

GordonC

How about a Southern Region 3 coach set ( 2x BSK 1xCK ) in Blood and Custard with set No. on brake ends

Yes! a BSO,no one has ever produced a BSO, Surely a logical step for Bachmann, lots of liveries (except BRS green )

even a micro buffet in blue and grey. I am sure a high demand would be absolutely certain.

How about a Southern Region 3 coach set ( 2x BSK 1xCK ) in Blood and Custard with set No. on brake ends

Yes! a BSO,no one has ever produced a BSO, Surely a logical step for Bachmann, lots of liveries (except BRS green )

even a micro buffet in blue and grey. I am sure a high demand would be absolutely certain.

I'd go for some White Roofed IC Charter Mk1s, specifically the NRM's BCK (at Shildon), and accompanying Mk1 FO (while they are about it, they could product the matching IC Inspection saloon)! I would certainly buy a small rake.

This would obviously involve producing the FO which is long overdue. I really don't understand why the RFO was produced originally. The FO could have performed the same role adjacent to a kitchen car and been a bigger seller with more built, a larger geographical spread and a longer in-service life....

I have the necessary components to splice a BFK, very much on the 'to do' list, but will probably now wait until after the announcements in March!

I'm also all for non-weathered Mk1s and the expansion of my Mk1 fleet has been on hold for a number of years due to the non-availability of 'clean' coaches. I can understand variety, but given weathering is carried out after the rest of the manufacturing, it can't be so hard to put half to one side as clean and the other half as weathered. This would cater for both markets. Thankfully, some more 'clean' Mk1s in Maroon the Crim/Cream appear to be on their way.

In terms of Air Brake equipment, would be great if Bachmann could supply their Pullman Air Brake moulding with all Mk1s, even if the underframe cannot accept them on a normal Mk1 without a few holes being drilled.

I'd go for some White Roofed IC Charter Mk1s, specifically the NRM's BCK (at Shildon), and accompanying Mk1 FO (while they are about it, they could product the matching IC Inspection saloon)! I would certainly buy a small rake.

This would obviously involve producing the FO which is long overdue. I really don't understand why the RFO was produced originally. The FO could have performed the same role adjacent to a kitchen car and been a bigger seller with more built, a larger geographical spread and a longer in-service life....

Presumably as in a diagram 73 FO.

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps...but I'm sure I heard that the "BSO" would use the BCK tooling. If you look at the Invicta image carefully you will see that the panels between the compartment windows are not all the same width.

Agree with Andrew

The windows & doors in the brake area are different too - Paradoxically it looks to me like the BSO and BFK have more in common in this area so if we are given one a cut and shut to make the other might prove feasible - but too much work for me to make a BSK or BCK into a BSO or BFK.

Has anyone else gone down that road I wonder?

Phil

Agree with Andrew

The windows & doors in the brake area are different too - Paradoxically it looks to me like the BSO and BFK have more in common in this area so if we are given one a cut and shut to make the other might prove feasible - but too much work for me to make a BSK or BCK into a BSO or BFK.

Has anyone else gone down that road I wonder?

Phil

This is where I am taking my inspiration from:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/1271-aberdeen-kirkhill-trsd/page-10&do=findComment&comment=178492

Agree with AndrewThe windows & doors in the brake area are different too - Paradoxically it looks to me like the BSO and BFK have more in common in this area so if we are given one a cut and shut to make the other might prove feasible - but too much work for me to make a BSK or BCK into a BSO or BFK.Has anyone else gone down that road I wonder?Phil

Looking at it again I agree too. It also has two toilet windows like the BCK, presumably for each class. Naughty naughty!

• RMweb Premium

One of the MkI Firsts on the SVR has been painted in a Scumbled effect to run in with the LNER teak set.  This might make an interesting challenge - but probably won't happen as IIRC it was a prototype with differeing arangement compared to the production MkI's.

There are probably a few other one off's espescially the mods to include a fitting for propelling moves, or areas removed and converted into passenger capacity for wheel chair access.  Best not to go with one offs!

• RMweb Gold

That'll be this one

http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=1218

Would be a major bash to cut and shut - just look at the number of windows and spacings

Better perhaps to go down the route of etched sides - IIRC its on Comet's and/or Southern Pride's lists along with other Mk1 prototypes

Phil

Presumably as in a diagram 73 FO.

Yes a diagram 73FO. The longest lived and (and most numerous?) of the Mk1 First Opens, still in use today with charter operators. Bachmann have already produced one obscure first class coach (RFO) and it is time for a mainstream one!

Having seen the Regional Railways BGs in the bargain bin it might be a while before a Trans-Pennine one makes an appearance. I bought a couple when they were cheap and will respray to Trans-Pennine

Did they actually ever do Regional Railways BG, I always thought they were Trans Pennines ones, don't think RR ever had any BG's the only Mark 1 stock they had were SO, BSK and a couple of FK's

Did they actually ever do Regional Railways BG, I always thought they were Trans Pennines ones, don't think RR ever had any BG's the only Mark 1 stock they had were SO, BSK and a couple of FK's

Catalogue number Bachmann 39-181 is described as being 'BR Mk1 NEA in Regional Railways livery'. It doesn't carry either Regional Railways or Trans-Pennine branding, but the lower bodyside colour does match the Regional Railways grey rather than the Executive Light Grey used on Trans-Pennine ones. The running number is E92058

Catalogue number Bachmann 39-181 is described as being 'BR Mk1 NEA in Regional Railways livery'. It doesn't carry either Regional Railways or Trans-Pennine branding, but the lower bodyside colour does match the Regional Railways grey rather than the Executive Light Grey used on Trans-Pennine ones. The running number is E92058

Pretty certain it's a catalogue error by Bachmann, going back through by old Platform 5 books and such there looks to be 6-7 BG's that were based at Heaton for Trans Pennine work, non survived into Regional Railways days....stand to be corrected though

• 1 month later...

With the recent announcement of Sealink Mk1s to be produced, how many liveries are still to be produced on the Bachmann Mark 1 coaches? The only obvious one I could think of is the Pilkington K Charter set from a few years ago. Are there any others?

I'm aware that there are still other variants of the Mk 1 coaches to be produced, e.g. BSO and BFK, but I'm just wondering about liveries here

Hi

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong topic. I spoke to Dennis Lovett regarding the remaining coaches to complete the Sealink rake. He informed me they had no immediate plans to do so, but to contact the collectors club to register an interest.

Stephen

Hi

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong topic. I spoke to Dennis Lovett regarding the remaining coaches to complete the Sealink rake. He informed me they had no immediate plans to do so, but to contact the collectors club to register an interest.

Stephen

I wish I had cause to run the Sealink rake, truly the most exciting and inspired MkI and collectors' release I've known them do.  If only the WR had survived, they would have sneaked through Riccarton in the eighties on a Dundee - Blackpool, I've no doubt!

Hmmmm....  

Archived