16v AC power supply

cromptonnut

Wanted to share with you a company I've found that sells 16v AC power supplies (as well as others)

https://esr.co.uk/electronics/products/frame_powersupplies.htm

I've got a 16v ac accessory output on my old Gaugemaster controller but that's a bit heavy to be lugging around with me when I operate DCC, so wanted a cheap and lightweight option.  Gaugemaster do a cased one but that's quite expensive.

Just ordered two from the above company and they're coming by FedEx should be with me tomorrow which is good.

Knowing how hard separate AC power supplies can be to find I hope it is of use to someone.  2.5mm sockets to plug this into can be found on Ebay, as panel mount types for mounting to a baseboard side frame.

• 1 year later...
Guest 40-something

... and the FedEx man arrived about 5 minutes ago with them.  Haven't tested them yet (I'm at work, models at home...) but everything looks to be good.  Excellent service and will probably use them again. 

Resurrecting and old thread, have you tried these power supplies out yet?  Looking at getting one to power Kadee electromagnets so looking at 1.5a 16v ac

• 3 weeks later...

My old analogue H&M2000 controller was pressed into service to provide AC Aux power for my points CDU circuit.

Anything you already have is always cheaper than anything you have to go out and buy.

• 5 years later...
On 16/01/2016 at 11:20, Guest 40-something said:

Resurrecting and old thread, have you tried these power supplies out yet?  Looking at getting one to power Kadee electromagnets so looking at 1.5a 16v ac

Sorry just found this after searching to find where I'd got it as I wanted to get some more ... and yes it works fine for points.