Hornby 2015 Announcements now made

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

The direct link to my blog on the announcement with some additional information from a Southern / Southern Region perspective is http://grahammuz.com/2014/12/17/Hornby-2015-range-announcement-from-an-srbrs-perspective-sees-an-s15-and-adams-radial/

regards

• RMweb Gold

Some interesting and useful choices there. The J50 has been much needed. Hopefully some of the other 0-6-0's from the LNER in the future?

Is it me or do those samples look like they were 3D printed?

Hi

Yes both the J50 and the S15 were 3D printed pre tooling test samples

Yup about time!

And Bude in Late BR form!!

A nice well balanced programme in my eyes - I'm think I'm going to open a book on just how soon Bude sells out though..........

Seriously, if these new and re-liveried models are up to the standard of the K1 (one with a straight footplate) and Hornby start to get their deliveries from the China factories sorted then perhaps, maybe, possibly they will get back some credibility. I hope they do as the last few years has not be good for Hornby, the dealers network and the buying public. Fingers crossed yet again.

On another website it may be the Arnold section of the Hornby 00,H0,TT and N webpage it has a countdown which says 19 days ,so many hours ,minutes and seconds so whenever that takes us up to it looks like it will be announced then for H0,TT and N.

LES

p.s.So far as 00 is concerned it look like there's a bit of something for everyone,nice one Hornby.

J 50, Yes !

By the way Andy Y, the J 50 was built by Gresley for the Great Northern. (GNR class 23 IIRC) and dates from the early 1920s. The J 51 (smaller boiler) also GNR class 23, dates from 1913. Hope the big H do the GNR livery as an option. Finally I can retire the old Lima effort. :locomotive:

LMS suburban coaches are this not the almost the same as the Dapol ones that have flooded market over the last couple of years? 

BR Blue 2HAL As I expected and I certainly get one

Outside crank Sentinel - nice

64ft BG B/G Why?

Class 71 has disappeared umm!

Class 90/92 still with toy pantographs!

Not masses to interest me just hope that Hornby will be able to deliver next year!

XF

Whilst the Ltd Edition set of the four Silver Jubilee A4s is welcome and bound to be a good seller - IF they have sorted out the QC issues from the Great Goodbye - I'm somewhat curious about 2509 being offered as it was of course produced in the same livery as a limited edition in 2010.

The P2 train set features a snapshot of an OS map showing Taynuilt, somewhat off the beaten track for a P2!

One or two interesting livery 'oopsies' although no doubt they can be corrected before going into production - the 'Castle' (5043) is in the wrong livery as it didn't gain its double chimney until 1958 while I notice the excellent looking LMS horsebox in BR livery is carrying a symbol indicating that it's been condemned.

Mike,

The Castle livery is correct for it's preserved and current main line condition, if you look closely at the image you can see the modern OHLE warning stickers on the boiler.

• RMweb Gold

Don't appeared to have mentioned the 2HAL though Graham!

Nigel 

Try reading the full blog post that I made as both livery versions and their proposed sets numbers are listed under the heading of "other train packs".

PS the Class 71 was always intended as a 2016 release hence not being included above.

Well I have to say I am relieved :yes: ...after a massive and expensive spending year for me on Hornby products in 2014 (with A4's, MK2, MK3 coaches etc) I am glad that Hornby have chosen to consolidate and focus on getting the remaining 2014 items released.  Some of the new steam releases look really promising, so I am sure you 'steamies' will be happy.  Cant wait to add the Class 50 Vanguard to my collection.

I am disappointed at the lack of new HST's, I was hoping for a GNER set and a Intercity Swallow set, but I will just keep hoping for another year lol.   But fair play to Hornby, they cant fit everything in to the catalogue.   They have to keep some things in rotation for future catalogues.

Struggling to see the appeal of some items though.   The R4676 MK3 coach pack is great if your looking to add to or start a MK3 HST rake with eastern numbering, but this would have been better with a 1st class coach added for a 4 coach pack?

Was hoping a retooled Class 90 and 91 and MK4 DVT would be in the pipeline!  Clearly not.   Boo hoo. lol

I've made some of my collections thumbnail only as, once again, Hornby are using my photos for some of their wagons without even paying a 50p download fee. I am sorry if this causes a modeller a problem but I am very tired of their attitude.

Paul

Nice selection, the East Coast livery sits very well on the '225' set, strangely tempting!

Eyes are watering at the £69.99 RRP for the 3-pack of HAA's...

The HAA's are an ouch !!! price, RRP of £23.99 for a single wagon ... come on Hornby you can do better than that surely ??

Whilst the Ltd Edition set of the four Silver Jubilee A4s is welcome and bound to be a good seller - IF they have sorted out the QC issues from the Great Goodbye - I'm somewhat curious about 2509 being offered as it was of course produced in the same livery as a limited edition in 2010.

The P2 train set features a snapshot of an OS map showing Taynuilt, somewhat off the beaten track for a P2!

What QC issues with the Great Goodbye sets did you encounter?

I had all sorts of issues from missing detail, broken parts and squint application of the LNER lettering on the tender!   One was so bad it was 5 mm lower at the 'R' that it was a the 'L'!   Would seem an easy thing to get right in this day and age!

J50 is great for those cross-London freights and has regional spread (and i want one), but I'm a little surprised the more branch-friendly (and passenger-friendly) J67/9 wasn't chosen. And they'll do a loco that was mostly (one exception?) always black but oddly still haven't bothered with a black 08. 

But my qualified delight is more than outshon by those Sentinels... :sungum:

Archived