Scenery and flowers,bushes and backscenes.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just found his thread and hink it's great, made me want to add a rough bit of land with some Buddleja growing and maybe some plants in pots outside buildings even though its a yard layout! A couple of questions and appologies if I've missed it but was the really fine type of grater that you used and the crayons were frozen before you grate them. Also what did you use brown cotton for? I see it mentioned in a post but couldn't find how you used it?

Keep posting the pics, I'm following this thread with interest.

Thanks.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Neil that's a great idea of making plants will definitely be giving this a try, your flower pots and baskets look fantastic.

Thanks J50 hope you give this try on your layout :sungum:

cheers neil.

Just found his thread and hink it's great, made me want to add a rough bit of land with some Buddleja growing and maybe some plants in pots outside buildings even though its a yard layout! A couple of questions and appologies if I've missed it but was the really fine type of grater that you used and the crayons were frozen before you grate them. Also what did you use brown cotton for? I see it mentioned in a post but couldn't find how you used it?

Keep posting the pics, I'm following this thread with interest.

Thanks.

Steve.

I just used kitchen normal up right cheese grater..

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all

I've been making some Buddleia bushes and am just running out of mid-purple fine flock. Does anyone know of a company that sells single colour flower packs please? I can't remember where I obtained my existing (very low) stock!!!

Many thanks

exmoordave

Morning all

I've been making some Buddleia bushes and am just running out of mid-purple fine flock. Does anyone know of a company that sells single colour flower packs please? I can't remember where I obtained my existing (very low) stock!!!

Many thanks

exmoordave

I have been looking at flock/scatter and I wonder if this might help [i'm not tech savvy enough to create a hyperlink, but cut and paste into a search engine should do it]

http://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/scatter-flock-ground-cover-trees-and-bushes/flowers/coarse-purple-flock-fP392

It's difficult to tell from images, and how coarse do you want the flock. Maybe worth contacting them - their contact page gives a  few options.

Hope this helps,

Macbear.

I have been looking at flock/scatter and I wonder if this might help [i'm not tech savvy enough to create a hyperlink, but cut and paste into a search engine should do it]

http://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/scatter-flock-ground-cover-trees-and-bushes/flowers/coarse-purple-flock-fP392

It's difficult to tell from images, and how coarse do you want the flock. Maybe worth contacting them - their contact page gives a  few options.

Hope this helps,

Macbear.

Hi

If you have trouble finding the flock, try artists oil pastels grated with a fine cheese grater. You can get a set of 50 for about a fiver and there will be several shades of purple in there. All the flowers in the pics below were done with this method:

post-11846-0-94244400-1508423088_thumb.jpg

post-11846-0-56740800-1508423517_thumb.jpg

post-11846-0-68865500-1508423329_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Morning all

Many thanks

exmoordave

I've got some Buddleia to make and I was going to use the grated frozen crayon method, as used by class '66'. I'd be interested to know how you're making yours Dave.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

If you have trouble finding the flock, try artists oil pastels grated with a fine cheese grater. You can get a set of 50 for about a fiver and there will be several shades of purple in there. All the flowers in the pics below were done with this method:

attachicon.gifp71.JPG

attachicon.gifp74.JPG

attachicon.gifP1010902.jpg

Very nice work here!!!

• Like 1

I've got some Buddleia to make and I was going to use the grated frozen crayon method, as used by class '66'. I'd be interested to know how you're making yours Dave.

Steve.

First of all apologies for not replying sooner - my dance teacher daughter's annual show is imminent and me and swmbo have been helping with costumes, and endless mind numbing paperwork over the last week or two! Anyway, many thanks guys for your ideas. Also, sb67, I have some woodland scenics reeds I think they're called, but they're not that strong, so I superglued around 3 strands together and then dipped the bottom 3/4 in Green Scene leaves and once dry, the top 1/4 (approx!!) in a mid purple flock, and when dry, gently curve them outwards to get the characteristic look of wild buddleia. The purple stuff does have to be quite fine however. I did find some from Greenscene,(in a mixed pack) and they have turned out quite well, especially when planted at the rear of my loco depot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sorry it took so long, Neil. But surfing through files is a right PINTA !

Anyway, this is the best sample I could find. Hope it illustrates the flower pots clearly enough.

Cheers.

Allan

Is this real or a model, I'm having a really hard time telling.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...