Peco N gauge setrack curved points.

steve1023

Hey guys. I thought I had seen somewhere that Peco are going to produce these curved points into their N gauge setrack range - however I can't remember where I saw them and can't find them listed anywhere - Can anyone shed any light on this or did I dream it?

Thanks in advance

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Toying with the idea of someday realigning the scenic single track and relaying the fiddle yard on my simple little N gauge Spanish layout (no more than a glorified DC test track) ... with these curved Setrack points available for a while now, is there any further input on usability, pitfalls etc? I do take the point about the insulfrog, but I have only long wheelbase bogie locos with multiple pickups, so not overly concerned about that.

Messing about in Anyrail, the first image shows what I have and the second image shows what I'd like. Capacity is greatly improved on at least 2 roads, allowing one particularly long road for bulk freight or container train, for example.

post-17811-0-52823800-1468744338.jpg

post-17811-0-08215200-1468744339.jpg

If anyone else has real-world experience of these points, I'd be delighted to hear it, as I've always thought small radius curved points could be prone to derailment in the facing direction, so I've tended to avoid them. Thanks.

You shouldn't have problems with LWB bogie locos. I've run a new Graham Farish Class 47 through my curved settrack points in both directions. I've also run the Dapol Western and a variety of DMU stock without issue. The only things I've seen struggle are some 4-6-0 steam locos.

The curved points are great for saving space and getting nice long loops and sidings. When they were announced I made plans to take up part of my layout and re-lay the track to incorporate the curved points.

I have bought a curved Setrack point and they are great space savers....unfortunately the insulfrog is really long, 0-6-0's don't really stand a chance at a slow crawl. 

I use these in the non visible area of my layout (FiNetrax code 40 in the visible area).

All my locos and stock are the more recent Dapol and Bachmann-Farish productions : 0-6-0, 2-6-0, 2-6-2T, 4-6-0, 4-6-2 and 2-10-0 - all run through these curved points OK.

Ian

Archived