New Scalescenes Low Relief?Factory

New Scalescenes Low Relief Factory available now! Simple modular construction will allow you to easily create large factory or warehouse backdrops for your layout. Includes optional loading dock (perfect as a parcel bay behind your station) and a wide range of door options. Gauge height doors give great potential as a fiddle yard entry point.

Only 9mm (OO)/4.5mm (N) deep without the loading dock and 28mm (OO)/14mm (N) with the dock and awning.

Last release for 2014, back in 2015 with loads of exciting kit releases and a new website! Merry Christmas and happy modelling!

John 

post-8868-0-57912500-1418867670_thumb.jpg

post-8868-0-72296500-1418867748_thumb.jpg

post-8868-0-81759200-1418867792_thumb.jpg

A lot of people must have bought it, as the site wasn't available for a while this morning, so I had to wait a few hours to download it. The timing turned out to be perfect, and it's just what I needed, without having to do any rethinking of the layout. But the building itself will need a few changes.

A lot of people must have bought it, as the site wasn't available for a while this morning, so I had to wait a few hours to download it. The timing turned out to be perfect, and it's just what I needed, without having to do any rethinking of the layout. But the building itself will need a few changes.

Apologies for that, my new 2015 website should be able to handle more traffic  :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

This is a truly nice building. After downloading the files I started making it – however not without a little bashing of the kit: I want it at a micro layout, where it would be too domi­nant in its original form. Therefore I discarded the upper floor. On the other hand I needed a half-relief structure; so I added an inch of the lefthand wall (not supplied – used a second printout of the corner cover page). And printed the windows on an OHP sheet…

post-12822-0-91713100-1419942627_thumb.jpg

As such it fits nicely into the place where I fancied it – here with a bit of track just mocked up:

post-12822-0-48270900-1419942671_thumb.jpg

I’m really satisfied. Highly recommended this kit!

Regards

Armin

Nice to see a finished one. I've made a quick mock-up without the printed brick layers to see how it will fit. My plan is to attach the new Industrial A - Warehouse at right angles to it, and I will need to extend it a bit. Next step is to make the sector plate for the fiddle yard that will be behind it, so I can make a final decision about what it will look like. Then I can start track laying, and building the final version of the kit.

• RMweb Premium

Mmmmmm looks vey nice, I've been very pleased with all the downloads I've had from Scalescenes for my Kensington Olympia layout. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75679-kensington-olympia-in-n-scale/

I'm guessing that it isn't going to be that difficult to substitute plain wall or another floor with windows instead of the lower doors.......as I need to produce something like this. https://www.flickr.com/photos/maggiejones/5585097841/#

I'm guessing that it isn't going to be that difficult to substitute plain wall or another floor with windows instead of the lower doors.......as I need to produce something like this. https://www.flickr.com/photos/maggiejones/5585097841/#

Each floor is a separate overlay that sticks onto a base layer for the whole wall, with a sticky out ledge in between, so I think you could easily build a lower floor with windows. Or add more floors.

• RMweb Premium

Each floor is a separate overlay that sticks onto a base layer for the whole wall, with a sticky out ledge in between, so I think you could easily build a lower floor with windows. Or add more floors.

Many thanks for that, just what I needed to know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just completed this kit, excellent looking model, very realistic.

I removed an exsisting building from my layout to make room for it.

I did the same as Armin (see above) and omitted one floor to be in keeping with the other low relief buidings on the layout.

post-17471-0-11131400-1422455685_thumb.jpg

I'm also building one.....its a nice kit.

I find cutting the curved holes for windows a ad arduous but there's no getting around if....

Also, if you buy it don't forget to print the windows on OHP, I just downloaded straight to memory stick and sent it in to staples .

I was thinking of buying Brassmasters windows, but will need quite a lot for all the buildings on the new layout. It made me wonder if I should put the money towards a Silhouette Cameo Cutter instead, and make my own. The first one to build is the goods shed, that only needs windows on one side, so I may have a go with microstrip on them. I nearly ordered a pack of laser OHP sheets the other day. At least I can put off building the factory until I've eventually managed to make a decision!

It is another brilliant kit, and while I've purchased, I've nowhere yet to put it. Reason I'm posting is that in Issue 87 of Hornby Magazine (Sep 2014) when the 3 parts of the 'factory complex' started there was reference made as to how 'this series of three buildings can be assembled in a number of ways and also links in with Scalescenes' new kit for a low relief factory allowing the complex we have designed to be extended further.' I would take it that this kit is the kit being referenced and hope that when the 3 parts are released on the site that there's something mentioned to link them. Having gone through the instructions for this low relief factory I can't see any mention unless I've missed something. If anyone knows anything or has any guesses, I'd love to hear.

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Can anyone advise how long this building is please? I need to cover a 35" backscene and it would be helpful to know how one (or more) of these would fit in.

Many thanks

Eric

According to the last image here http://www.scalescenes.com/products/T027-Low-Relief%C2%A0Factory , it's 290mm, which I think is nearly 12 inches in old money.

It is another brilliant kit, and while I've purchased, I've nowhere yet to put it. Reason I'm posting is that in Issue 87 of Hornby Magazine (Sep 2014) when the 3 parts of the 'factory complex' started there was reference made as to how 'this series of three buildings can be assembled in a number of ways and also links in with Scalescenes' new kit for a low relief factory allowing the complex we have designed to be extended further.' I would take it that this kit is the kit being referenced and hope that when the 3 parts are released on the site that there's something mentioned to link them. Having gone through the instructions for this low relief factory I can't see any mention unless I've missed something. If anyone knows anything or has any guesses, I'd love to hear.

Thanks

I thought those buildings were designed to go with the Industrial Warehouse. 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Bri, you print them onto paper (some people, me included print on to a4 sticky labels), once printed off you stick them onto either 2mm, 1mm card, there is more info here

http://www.scalescenes.com/faqs-page

and if you have never built a scalescenes kit before they have a free one for you to try here

http://scalescenes.com/products/R002b

Give it a go, I love them.

Owen

Archived