Wild Swan under new ownership

David Bigcheeseplant

Yes, she would be the only one allowed to do it - or have it done, more likely.

I was googling that fact, idly and found this site - check out Fact 7.

Does that make CK a Man of Mystery?

Edit - apologies for the thread hijack. I shall be making up for it by being first in the queue at Mr Hudson's stand at York.

Yes, she would be the only one allowed to do it - or have it done, more likely.I was googling that fact, idly and found this site - check out Fact 7.Does that make CK a Man of Mystery?Edit - apologies for the thread hijack. I shall be making up for it by being first in the queue at Mr Hudson's stand at York.

Man of mystery or gamekeeper turned poacher ? Who knows, or maybe he delivers copies of MRJ to the palace once a month ! :)

• RMweb Gold

"LNER Wagons Vol 4B" has now been printed and is being bound, it is on schedule for publication on the 1st April. It will be available at the York show via the Bill Hudson Books stand and at Ally Pally via the Book Law Publications.

To follow shortly is a completely new Edition of Brian Hart's "Elham Valley Railway" and two further titles will shortly be re-issued, "The Malmesbury Branch" and "The Tenbury & Bewdley Railway".

Simon Castens

Wild Swan Books Ltd

An update, I will myself have stocks from Wednesday 1st April when the book is being delivered from Amadeus.

This means (unfortunately) that it will have missed Ally Pally but it will definitely be on sale at the York show.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Does that make CK a Man of Mystery?

I can neither confirm nor deny...

How's about a comprehensive tome on " Wild Swan Sausages the Definitive Guide" it could curry a lot of interest amongst the members of this parish.

Now, who could we nominate to write such a book ? Hmmmm

I think that someone is getting a little obsessed with the philosophical concept of The Sausage.

I may say this, but you could not possibly comment...

I can neither confirm nor deny...

I think that someone is getting a little obsessed with the philosophical concept of The Sausage.

I may say this, but you could not possibly comment...

.......S sausages W won't A always G generate an immediate response but, in a Wurst case scenario you could spot one going down the (You) Tube route in a vain attempt to gain some publicity for its humble origins. Goodness knows where such a delicacy could turn up next ? Or am I just cooking up another load of tripe ? Hmmmmm ..........

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

.......S sausages W won't A always G generate an immediate response but, in a Wurst case scenario you could spot one going down the (You) Tube route in a vain attempt to gain some publicity for its humble origins. Goodness knows where such a delicacy could turn up next ? Or am I just cooking up another load of tripe ? Hmmmmm ..........

It is possible for a person's bogie-mounted sausages to be too large.

It is possible for a person's bogie-mounted sausages to be too large.

If you've got a big enough skin to force it in then there's no telling how big it could get !!!

Just be very careful if you dip it in hot fat :)

• RMweb Gold

As this thread is about the take-over of Wild Swan by Simon, and not the relative size of rail-mounted sausages, the only connection I can find is that Grahame will be visiting Simon's stand at the Members Day in Taunton in two weeks time, 'to make amends'.... ;)  :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wild Swan will be appearing at "Railex" this coming weekend.

There is an all new printed booklist/brochure being launched at the show, which details two new books, two re-issues, some prices increases and some very special offers.

In addition to LNER Wagons 4B the other new book is Brian Hart's superb new edition of the "Elham Valley Railway", 300 pages, fully dustjacketed hardback, £39.95.

post-19301-0-73040900-1432225426.jpg

The special offers will all be available at the show this weekend and feature four "series" titles from the range.....

Simon

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A brief note to say that I will be at "Guildex" at Telford over this coming weekend as Wild Swan books. Neil Rushby has very kindly volunteered to help me over the weekend so I hope to be drinking tea and nattering for at least some of the time.

No newly announced titles as yet, but probably a few special offers for the weekend on selected titles.

It will also (hopefully) be the unveiling of my highly professional and very funky new pop up exhibition displays.

I have two, one which features a stunning colour photograph from Brian Dale, the other an atmospheric black and white shot by Peter Barnfield. One SR, one GWR, but each slightly "subverted". They effectively trail a new Wild Swan title for next year......

I will hopefully get a photograph of Brian sanding next to his image too.

Thank you very much to both Brian Dale and Peter Barnfield for permission to use their glorious imagessmile.png

Simon

Archived