Henley-on-Thames - GWR in the 1930's

Neal Ball

• RMweb Gold

The Zimo made a big difference to mine but I still needed to add Stay Alive and lead (lots)!

I will let you know how I geton with my Dapol prairie Neal.  

When do you expect we will see the Accurascale Manor do you think?  My guess is this time next year!

Best wishes

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, john dew said:

The Zimo made a big difference to mine but I still needed to add Stay Alive and lead (lots)!

I will let you know how I geton with my Dapol prairie Neal.  

When do you expect we will see the Accurascale Manor do you think?  My guess is this time next year!

Best wishes

Thanks John…. 

“when will we see the Accurascale Manor?” …. I don’t need one; I don’t need one; honestly…..

Lol

I don’t know the Accurascale guys well enough to get the right answer… if I needed one of course!

My money is that next year Hornby announce Full Brakes and Restaurant carriages, available from April and Bachmann announce new Sunshine carriages for the same quarter and/or new 57xx :-)

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Just in case though, I did fill in a product request to Rapido.

Full Brake - any design for the 1930’s with shirtbutton livery.

I included photos and where they could scan designs; super helpful :-)

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, john dew said:

As long as it arrives before my Bachmann one gives up the ghost I'll be happy.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

My money is that next year Hornby announce Full Brakes and Restaurant carriages, available from April and Bachmann announce new Sunshine carriages for the same quarter and/or new 57xx :-)

I guarantee it. I’ve just bought kits for a C70 and K42, plus sides for a K40. Planning to build them over the winter for spraying in the spring…

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

As long as it arrives before my Bachmann one gives up the ghost I'll be happy.

Good luck then

6 hours ago, TrevorP1 said:

I guarantee it. I’ve just bought kits for a C70 and K42, plus sides for a K40. Planning to build them over the winter for spraying in the spring…

Ah but think of the fun you will have making them all up.

I’m enjoying the build of my two centenary carriages, although obviously I’ve found the H43 very challenging.

Obviously full brakes and catering vehicles have been overdue for the Great Western from Hornby.

5 hours ago, McC said:

Decorated samples of the manor are in hand with production lined up for the new year on schedule :) 

Thanks very much for that, does that mean they will be available to buy by April? Towards the end of Q1 2022?

Does that help @john dew

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Turntable

In other news, yesterday afternoon I threatened legal action against Greenwood. Almost within the hour, he emailed a screen shot of the DHL website asking for my address.

Hopefully then DHL will collect the parcel today and send me an email confirming their instruction….

We will see

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, john dew said:

Excellent…..that is good new!

It will be good to see the decorated sample…… if I needed a Manor… which I don’t!

In all seriousness though, it’s good that I can order in euros and have it shipped from Ireland. Since Brexit we are having huge issues here with customs. Anything to avoid our model railway items getting stuck for weeks on end has to be a good thing.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

when will we see the Accurascale Manor?

The answer to that is "mañana", although that perhaps suggests rather too much in the way of urgency...

And of course you need a Manor - anyone with a GWR layout needs a Manor :D

Yours, Mike.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KingEdwardII said:

The answer to that is "mañana", although that perhaps suggests rather too much in the way of urgency...

And of course you need a Manor - anyone with a GWR layout needs a Manor :D

Yours, Mike.

I think the answer to that is…. See below!

48 minutes ago, McC said:

More very soon, and delivery is currently on schedule for Q1.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 09.42.46.png

Wow! That’s going to look great. Thank you….. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Incredible for 4mm scale.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a water gauge glass with the sight lines behind…. It almost looks as if the boiler is 3/4 full, but I’m sure that’s my imagination!

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

More very soon, and delivery is currently on schedule for Q1.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 09.42.46.png

Nice pic although I see the firebox door flap is not there but there appears tp be a slot in which it would fit (and it was on the CADs after the cab interior was sorted).  And the 'deliberate mistake' (for some versions) is now well visible but it was going to be very difficult to do both versions correctly so it was left that way.  However nobody has noticed it yet and they'll need to know quite a bit  about certain details on GWR engines realise what it is ;)  - this week's RMweb quiz?

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold

Correct, this is an 'assembly in progress' snap before addition of the extra metal and etched parts (like the firebox doors, etc). A comprehensive set of imagery and videos should be forthcoming in the next 9-10 days or so with confirmation of delivery slots early next year :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
On 26/11/2021 at 12:48, The Stationmaster said:

Nice pic although I see the firebox door flap is not there but there appears tp be a slot in which it would fit (and it was on the CADs after the cab interior was sorted).  And the 'deliberate mistake' (for some versions) is now well visible but it was going to be very difficult to do both versions correctly so it was left that way.  However nobody has noticed it yet and they'll need to know quite a bit  about certain details on GWR engines realise what it is ;)  - this week's RMweb quiz?

Gauge glass protector?

https://locoyard.com/2013/10/20/6000-king-george-v/179-2013-national-railway-museum-york-the-great-gathering-gwr-king-george-v/

edit: April 2022.

I have replaced the NRM photo with one of mine from Didcot:

26714956_DIDManor-7828CookhamManor-r.jpg.a111bed48b2e818d6555f130291de499.jpg

Edited by Neal Ball
photo changed
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, McC said:

Correct, this is an 'assembly in progress' snap before addition of the extra metal and etched parts (like the firebox doors, etc). A comprehensive set of imagery and videos should be forthcoming in the next 9-10 days or so with confirmation of delivery slots early next year :)

Thank you for sharing it on here. The cab looks terrific.

I look forward to seeing the photos soon….

Would the sound fitted versions be available at the same time?

Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Thank you for sharing it on here. The cab looks terrific.

I look forward to seeing the photos soon….

Would the sound fitted versions be available at the same time?

Thanks again.

Yes, the entire run, and all exclusives, will arrive together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

No - and that's got  a couple of things no 'Manor' ever had so it's not a comparable photo ;) 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1