Aldersgate

George Hudson

On 20/06/2021 at 19:59, simon b said:

That just screams Liverpool street! Dont forget the giant twin postbox down the side of the stairs. 

spacer.png

Various attempts at fat post boxes.  I could probably have bought something better but I hate buying stuff!  John Ahearn and Peter Denny wouldn't have bought them (although they probably couldn't at that time!)

2021-11-19 19.20.14.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

George

Absolutely stunning !!

I have seen Lime Street station canopy two or 3 times, first as an unpainted brass etch then as a fully painted and glazed structure. A master piece in modelling. Your roof runs it a very close second, as like the rest of the building really captures the look and atmosphere of the real thing, and its functional !! The use of a clear plastic sheet to stabilise everything is genius. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hayfield said:

George

Absolutely stunning !!

I have seen Lime Street station canopy two or 3 times, first as an unpainted brass etch then as a fully painted and glazed structure. A master piece in modelling. Your roof runs it a very close second, as like the rest of the building really captures the look and atmosphere of the real thing, and its functional !! The use of a clear plastic sheet to stabilise everything is genius. 

Thanks very much I'm honoured to be mentioned in the company of Liverpool Lime Street as I think that's as good as it gets.  It's a (as far as I can tell) perfect representation of the original and demonstrates the high skill level of the team involved.  I couldn't achieve that, my work is very much the art of the possible for one bloke working within his own limitations.  Hopefully this has given some ideas for many others who are on the same boat.

Andrew

• Like 1

George

What you both have achieved is getting the atmosphere right

Liverpool Lime Street is as you say on another level with a very talented team, using the latest techniques and spent many years building it

As you say you are a lone modeller, but a very talented one having that rare ability of making the most from the materials available to you.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...