Mara Harbor

milocomarty

Thanks !!! Hope you will come along for a chat to, I'm a little ugly guy  :angel:

Spend almost this entire Sunday painting pilings, more additions to the wharf. To speed up the proces it's acrylics only today..Inbetween I shot around 17 pictures of every step to write a SBS. Let them dry now for a day to add more weathering with enamels.

from this..

30827624085_a3e51a00a7_b.jpg

to this in a day..

30195828144_00c97a32ed_b.jpg

and a bunch more..
  • Like 5

Reworked the retaining walls,spraypainted with an airbrush and Ammo acrylics, just light coats. Glued the pilings in place and shot some pictures so you get an idea of the final scene in this corner. Think I'll add some additional enamel weathering tommorow..

30869226845_1449f9ca50_b.jpg

30869224885_38f8faaf11_b.jpg

30233571233_941330ffc8_b.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks !!

Got a little work done on the layout, needed a bunch of signs and so. Added some painted signs and metal ones. The metal ones just ordinary pieces of printed papers rusted with various acrylic colors and pigment. For the painted sign I used a self adhesive paper sticker sheet. Printed and cut out as a mask. Airbrushed the color on. Worked pretty good for me but maybe I use some of this washable acrylics to fade them the next time..

22746422428_7afba0c0d6_b.jpg

22746419588_22e07c2c99_b.jpg

22746416738_1662073111_b.jpg
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

totally gutted, mother in law decided to have a 60th birthday this weekend and ruined my trip to warley (hehe). would have loved to have seen this layout in the flesh, one of my faves on the web!

Best wishes

Simon

Sounds like you have your priorities all wrong. Put your foot down, man - or are you a mouse?    :sarcastichand:

Thanks guys, bit at rest now at the Premier Inn at Coldfield. Enjoyed the show and all the compliments I have got on the layout. Feel free to post pictures !! Gonna catch some sleep before the long drive home. It was really pleasant to meet and greet a couple of forum members and have a chat with them. Hope to be back with a new layout in 2018.. 

Good to meet you yesterday, Martin, at the Warley Exhibition.

It was a real pleasure to chat to you and to see your superb layout in operation.

Thanks for bringing Mara Harbour to the N.E.C. show, which was one of the highlights for me and no doubt many others.

Hoping you have a safe (and less complicated) journey home.

All the very best,

John. 

• Like 1

Had a save journey home, arriving at 9.30 PM unpacked the van and brought it back to the rental company. After an eight hours drive I went to bed early. Wish to thank all for the visit and chats and it is good to meet people in person. Robin, thanks for the great pictures ! John, it was a pleasure to meet ! Simon, sometimes family is more important as trains, I have been asked to bring the layout over to the UK more times, so I think it will not stick to a performance once. Vecchio, although I'm personaly more into US modeling the next 2 layouts will be german themed, One large layout in H0 and a smaller in 0 scale, inbetween there are a couple of modules for the Cardigan Bay Coastal to be finished and I also gonna take them on the road.

Hope you all enjoyed the show and see you next time !

Grtz Martin

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear about your dad. Unfortunately this is something we all face once in a lifetime.

You can be sure that the community feels with you. 

And - being selfish - I am looking forward to more of your perfect threads. I am sure I am not the only one here!

Vecchio

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

So sorry to hear of your loss; I remember losing my Dad (at a far-too-young age) only too clearly.

I'm really not sure how I've managed to miss your thread until now. But may I just say that I am absolutely in awe of your modelling skills - utterly incredible workmanship. Keep it up and keep posting.

With very best regards,

Mark