Making own retaining wall

Hi guys

I've got quite a lot of retaining walls to place on my N gauge layout and it appears I will be making my own out of embossed plastic sheet. I've looked at all the card ones, and Metcalfe ones are very good, plenty of detail but for the price it's gonna cost a small fortune.

So embossed plastic sheet is pretty simple to get the basic design of a wall, but what I'm struggling with is the stones you need to create the arches. I've tried without success to find a place that actually makes arches in plastic.

So I have two options: 1/ hope someone on here can point me to a place that does these or 2/ create my own by cutting individual pieces to create the arch, which is going to be long winded especially as it's in N gauge

Can anyone offer a solution?

regards

Thanks for that but I'm trying to keep down expense. The Metcalfe ones cost around £9.00 a time and I will need around 12 of them, Ratio and the other ones you have shown me cost pretty much the same. Most of the retaining wall I can reproduce pretty easily with embossed plastic but it's the arch that is the problem,

I did my own down the back of my layout from brick plasticard, cost about ten quid in total, it is in the details which make or break the walls realism rather than an arch or not, it also allows you to fit it specifically to what you are doing and not unrealistically cutting it short. If you want to check out my dettingen thread you can make up your mind as to wether this cheep approach works.

Hope this helps

Richard

Archived