Kendal Model Railway Exhibition

(The) Youth

Exhibition 2015

Our next exhibition taking place on

Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th January 2015, 10:00 to 17:00 at Kendal Leisure Centre.

Please keep an eye on this page as it will be updated as and when layouts, traders and stands have been confirmed as attending the show.

Layouts

The following layouts have been confirmed as appearing at our next exhibition:

Black Road
O gauge Industrial Live Steam shunting layout by Brian Caton
Yorkton
OO gauge layout representing British Rail between 1970 and 1995 from Andrew Stewart. This will be the layout’s first exhibition in its new continuous run format.
Tan-Yr-Allt and Dwffyr Uchaf
OO9 layout based on Tan-y-Bwlch on the Ffestiniog Railway by Stan Williams and Roger Christian.
Rumbling Bridge
OO gauge depicting Scottish based branch line in the 1960s by Nick Skelton. OO gauge layout of an East Coast Main Line steam shed circa 1961/2 by Ian Harper from Scarborough & District Railway Modellers. OO gauge layout set in the north of England in the late 50s/early 60s by Mike Dickinsonfrom Scarborough & District Railway Modellers.
Rhyd-Y-Clafdy
OO gauge layout set in northwest Wales circs 1962/4 by Phil Greaves. EM gauge layout set in 1937 of a junction in the Scottish Borders between ex North British an North Eastern routes from the Skipton Group of the EM Gauge Society
Raven’s Grove
OO gauge set in northwest England from David Carter N gauge layout set in the upper Yorkshire Dales from Keighley MRC. N gauge layout with scenes inspired by “Last of the Summer Wine” characters, from Keighley MRC.
Rose Cove
O16.5 layout by Dave Burrows. O Gauge Preserved Railway from Kendal MRC    
Traders

The following traders have been confirmed as attending our next exhibition:

JDM Models

Squires Model and Craft Tools

SMTF Model Shop

Junction Box

Vintage Prints

Nick Tozer Railway Books

Pooley's Puffers

Country Scenes and Trees

Crafty Hobbies

Hoyles Models

Peter Metcalfe Model Railways

Sharge UK

MA&D Pictures

Club Sales Stand

Societies and Groups

The following societies and groups have been confirmed as attending our next exhibition:

Cumbrian Railways Association

Lake Line Rail Users Group

Eden Valley Railway Trust

UK Train Sim

Eden Valley Railway Trust

Stephenson Locomotive Society

The OO9 Society

Cheers,

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to attending this show for the first time with Rumbling Bridge and Haymarket Cross, at the moment putting finishing touches to some new stock which we hope to have in operation on the layouts. Any RMwebers who are attending please come and say hello.

Cheers

Ian H

Haymarket Cross

post-4401-0-20825200-1421186486_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I've been to the show today. Nice to see a good queue waiting to get in. Very enjoyable and I spent rather a lot on the trade stands, including a huge bag of paint, glue and tools from Squires. The layout I enjoyed most was Millhead Junction, very nostalgic and inspiration for filling my railway room once the builders have finished.

Thanks to Paul on Rhosnewydd for showing me his class 101 and to the demo guys for lots of advice.

A bonus was mainline steam too, I saw the Black Five at Hest Bank and Carnforth before the show, then at Ais Gill afterwards; it did sound good.

post-19248-0-25808500-1422129442_thumb.jpg

Archived