Flangeway Salmon Bogie

rembrow

Model Rail now showing first CAD image. 

What page number please? I have looked over and over the magazine yet still cannot see the CAD.

Brilliant it has progressed though, seeing at Warley they said they doubt it shall be anytime soon. Hopefully several yellow ones for a modern day engineers train soon!

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I found the details on the Modelrail website. Sorry I don't know how to post a link.

Stephen

Facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/footplatekidderminster/photos/a.404349169631274.93105.137166846349509/974105105989008/?type=3

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, there was an update on their Facebook page in June which shows the couplings on the wagon.  I haven't heard of any issue with the couplings.  When I spoke to their representative at Model Rail Scotland in February, they were hoping to have the first models released near the end of this year, but as with all things, it could take longer than that to get all of the details right.

I must admit that I am looking forward to these arriving.

Interesting that the drawings on Facebook show air pipes bur no representation of brake gear or cylinders?

Gordon A

I'll guess that they just haven't been added yet and that the Salmon are still very much at the drafting stage.  Of course some Salmon had neither vacuum or air brakes and I understand that it is the proprietor's intention to model all variants (un-braked, vacuum and air brakes along with the different bogie types as well).

Anyone know when these can be ordered?

Graham.

Given that it looks like they are still at the drawing stage, I'll guess that Flangeway / Footplate Models won't be taking any orders until nearer the Warley show, when they will no doubt have confirmed production dates.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I was wondering the same.  I was hoping that someone would post an update after Warley, but I've heard nothing.  Flangeway usually attend ModelRail Scotland, so I'm hoping to ask them there if there is no news before then since I'm looking forward to these.  However, I suspect that no news means they are still some way off.

I guess that means that these models are still at the CAD stage and it hasn't yet progressed to tooling, which means that delivery of the finished wagon clearly isn't imminent.  If they won't be on sale in the first part of 2017, that should give me plenty of time to save up for a full rake of these (assuming I don't spend the money on something else in the meantime).

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to mention he was looking to model many small details on the floors where holes are present.

Cheers.

When looking into the drawings for my YKA Osprey conversions - it turns out that the mounting holes for the upper stanchions are slotted to take into account that there are two widths to the floor for Salmons..........

Having said that - the two widths are 8' and 7'10", equivalent to 0.667mm in 4mm scale. Is that really worth worrying about? Will anyone actually notice? IMO - no.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 months later...

Flangeway are at Model Rail Scotland this weekend and I asked today what progress was on these wagons.  It sounds as though all of the research and design work has now been signed off, but they still need to go through tooling, engineering prototypes etc, which means that it will now be 2018 before we see these wagons.

Hopefully they will be worth the wait.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...