Kirkby Luneside

Physicsman

• RMweb Gold

Jeff,

Great to hear from you, and all sounds like things are slowly reaching a positive conclusion for you all.  Look forward to seeing what you create, I'll be following along with great interest!  Just pleased that you've popped in to say hello :)

As ever, everything in your own time and pace, we all know what your capable of and I am sure seeing and sharing in the development on here will be just as exciting us as it is to you.

All the best

Rich

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jam, Don and Rich. I have plans, just a case of how long it takes before anything can happen. TOO long, in reality.

Don, if you're still up for our "little project" in a year or so, that would be great.

Having hardly looked on here since the site was revamped, it looks like a lot of sections have had a clear-out. Does anyone know if the Lunester Lounge, which was part of the general S&C section (not layouts) still exists?

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Very interesting, Ian.

Thanks for that gem of information. The only thing that closed was the KL thread, with its demolition at the end of May 2018. No requests for closure of anything else were ever made, especially of the Lounge. I'll get in touch with Andy Y and see what happened there.

Peter, I'm actually resident on a planet orbiting close to the red dwarf Proxima Centauri. Quite pleasant, but I'm yearning for the open spaces of the S&C!!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Thanks Jam, Don and Rich. I have plans, just a case of how long it takes before anything can happen. TOO long, in reality.

Don, if you're still up for our "little project" in a year or so, that would be great.

Having hardly looked on here since the site was revamped, it looks like a lot of sections have had a clear-out. Does anyone know if the Lunester Lounge, which was part of the general S&C section (not layouts) still exists?

Jeff

I would be happy to do that

Don

• Like 1

Good to see you back Jeff even for a short update.

The Lounge can be found in the prototype section - special interest UK prototype - S &C  route. Dons post from last year is the last one made.

All the best

Jim

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Jim, thanks for that. Just checked it out and everything in the S&C section appears to be there.

Don, I'll be in touch about the project. I think your input will be essential in the future layout (tentative name = Browthwaite).

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A request.

If anyone has any photos of the underbridge immediately adjacent to Armathwaite station (S&C bridge number 324), could you post them on here, please?

J.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Gordon.

Quite ironic, really, as I've used the SCRCA site extensively for pictures of the Helwith Bridge and Sheriff Brow areas I'm planning on modelling. I never gave it a thought for Armathwaite!

I'm assembling information well ahead of any potential build. I'd start now if I had somewhere to build things!

I hope you're enjoying your golf. Very rare visits on here over the last few days - I'll see how Eastwood Town is doing (or not) in the near future.

Jeff

You’re welcome Jeff....

I was just sitting here waiting for the football to start, so just googled SAC/324 and up they came. What on earth did we do before the internet.....:D

I played four days in a row last week and have the same this week, so ET is taking a summer rest. The weekend was gardening with my dear lady. Had to put up some trellis panels and then she wanted a stag beetle pyramid built. 

We had an interesting discussion. She wanted me to dig a bloomin’ great hole and fill it with rotting tree trunks. No problem with that other than 2’ away over the fence, we have the golf course which is full of trees and woodland.....

Needless to say she got her way....:D

I’m doing an hour here and there ballasting, so things are still moving forward. I certainly want to see trains run again.

Even with a head start of somewhere to build a layout, you’ll still steam past me with the next version of KL....:D

Hope all is well with you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not sure about your last estimate. You've got until 2021 before I start, so unless you join the pro golf tour I'm sure you'll be well done by the time I get the first piece of track down.

KL version 3 - not quite. No Fell this time, but 2 new viaducts, an underbridge, overbridge, streambeds and a gazillion yards of stone walling should keep me busy for a few months. Andy P would probably finish it before he's started!

Anyway, thanks for the info. Enjoy your stag beetles!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Physicsman said:

Not sure about your last estimate. You've got until 2021 before I start, so unless you join the pro golf tour I'm sure you'll be well done by the time I get the first piece of track down.

KL version 3 - not quite. No Fell this time, but 2 new viaducts, an underbridge, overbridge, streambeds and a gazillion yards of stone walling should keep me busy for a few months. Andy P would probably finish it before he's started!

Anyway, thanks for the info. Enjoy your stag beetles!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Good to see your back planning :) You really are a glutton for punishment aren't you a gazillion yards of stone walling :o you obviously didn't learn your lesson last time!!  But it all sounds very good, and very S&C!  

Rich

PS @Andrew P would have it finished before he'd started thinking about it!! :P

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Jeff, I still exist, but only just after my Heart Attack last year and two more big scares, but Rich / Marsh Lane gave me the tip that your still with us.

Good luck with the purchase and future building extension and Layout Build.

Have you heard from Jason T?

I have 3 Layouts on the go at present, Seven Mills Sidings in the 7mm Section, Mason Street (Goods) and Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD both in the Layouts Section.

Bodgit:yes: Bodgiting for Britain:pickeat:

Andy.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I've PM'd you, Andy.

Rich - walling.... "it's what I do - my middle name is Hadrian".

I'll have plenty more to say/divulge once the opportunity arises to get going. I managed more progress on KL2 in half the time I spent on KL. So the next one ought to progress even quicker - I hope.

J.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Physicsman said:

KL version 3 - not quite. No Fell this time, but 2 new viaducts, an underbridge, overbridge, streambeds and a gazillion yards of stone walling should keep me busy for a few months.

Hi Jeff, good to hear from you. I've had a user name change, just to confuse you, but it's still me, honest.

Your words above triggered the remembrance of the song from Trumpton / Chigley:

Time flies by when I'm the driver of a train

And I ride on the footplate there and back again

Under bridges over bridges to our destination

Puffing through the countryside there's so much to be seen.

Passengers waving as we steam through a station.

Stoke up fireman for the signal is at green.

Ah, nostalgia, it's not what it was...

All the best,

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Rich - walling.... "it's what I do - my middle name is Hadrian".

I'll have plenty more to say/divulge once the opportunity arises to get going. I managed more progress on KL2 in half the time I spent on KL. So the next one ought to progress even quicker - I hope.

J.

All hale the walling hero! :) Just remember, pushing on is good, having enthusiast is great ... but enjoying it no matter how quickly you achieve it or how long it takes is the best bit :)

Rich

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Physicsman said:

A request.

If anyone has any photos of the underbridge immediately adjacent to Armathwaite station (S&C bridge number 324), could you post them on here, please?

J.

It might be stating the obvious but....

b1.jpg.41fa0fca4165753b67017dcd7803f3fb.jpg

b2.jpg.49df92e00edbbe316cab77449b5f76a4.jpg

Cheers

Scott

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

The yellow marking is the racing line for Lewis Hamilton's benefit in the upcoming S&C Grand Prix....

I now have a plan pretty well established in my mind. Unfortunately, I don't have the space for the 8 foot long model of Arten Gill I was hoping to build (seriously). My plan also has one "fatal flaw" as judged by some who've contributed to  this thread in the past. But it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Details....in about a year's time!

Al, thanks for Chigley.. "and I ride on the footplate, there and back again..." Great stuff.

Again, good to hear from so many people. Sorry to be cryptic. I'd love to start a new thread right now, but so far ahead of any practical work, it's just too early.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Physicsman said:

The yellow marking is the racing line for Lewis Hamilton's benefit in the upcoming S&C Grand Prix....

Blimey, I hope not, he goes off at the far bend in the top picture...

:D

Al.

17 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Again, good to hear from so many people. Sorry to be cryptic. I'd love to start a new thread right now, but so far ahead of any practical work, it's just too early.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

good to hear from you after your "break", I'll look forward to news on the design of whatever it is that comes next.

Colin

Nice to see you again Jeff.  I hope I will be around long enough to see your next effort, 2021 seems a long way ahead for such an old grump like me.

An 8 foot viaduct would be quite something.

Will the new layout be EM?

Derek