Kirkby Luneside

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Jeff will appreciate this:

Ofqual have now stated that the group ABBA, will henceforth be called BCCB.

That's a cracker, Peter.

Or did I mean to say you're crackers? :-p

J.

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

I think this is the the Fell that Jeff is not having.

image.png.8818c673ced96080086fed71d95b9bc1.png

The dreaded Fell.

Not actually as bad looking as when I first looked at it, many years ago. 

I've missed the humour on here, so good to be back.

J.

4 minutes ago, Physicsman said:

That's a cracker, Peter.

Or did I mean to say you're crackers? :-p

J.

I did work for the DES once upon a time, so "no comment". Our office block at Elizabeth House in London did have one advantage though - it overlooked Waterloo station.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I decided to have a preliminary sort out in the garage this afternoon. A lot of furniture we had in store there was recently moved into the extension that was completed last month, so it was time to have a further look.

When I dismantled KL(2) I saved all the L-girders and much of the cross-beam/leg wood. This has been carefully stored for 2 years. I spent a couple of hours today checking the L-girders and the rest for warping etc. They all seem ok (touch wood, hahaha).

All timbers are now re-stacked on a level floor. Fortunately, there are enough L-girders to cover everything needed for Gill Head.

Here's a pic. Nice to think that all this lot will be part of the new layout structure in less than 2 months. Yay!!

Jeff

20200816_200528.jpg.715d4004e2172e483c88dd22424c07f3.jpg

Edited by Physicsman
Spelling mistake
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Now when I win the lottery I'll clean out all the local builder's yards with my demands for plaster for the monstrosity I want to build!

Jeff

You may have a wait, a month or so back plaster was in short supply in most parts of the country.  Not sure if production has caught up yet..

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, figworthy said:

You may have a wait, a month or so back plaster was in short supply in most parts of the country.  Not sure if production has caught up yet..

Adrian

I don't think that'll be a problem, Adrian, as I expect I'll be waiting a few thousand years to win the lottery jackpot!

I DID win a Lucky Dip last night, though.....

J.

• Funny 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi there Jeff. Well I've done a grand total of sod all modelling in the past God knows how long, mainly because all my railway stuff is tucked away safely in an attic in Bingley, and I now live in Chester. Regardless, I will be keeping an eye on what you are up to and pointing out the error of your ways when you stray from the path :D

Want to know what has been filling my time? No? Well I'll tell you anyway. Riding bikes mainly, and starting up a YouTube channel that's slowly growing in subscriptions. I started this just before Lockdown which was possibly the worst time EVER to begin a mountain biking channel as for the next two and a half months, I was restricted to riding around Chester so to keep it interesting, had to learn to talk to the camera, quickly.

Want to see one of the videos? No? Well I'll show you anyway. This is a very short edit of a run down Boredale Hause. Excuse the bad language; that's just me and I'm not about to stop swearing :D

E

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The reappearance of the Great Prophet Jason is clearly an indicator that the New Thread is nearly upon is.

Rich is also spreading the word of Inverse Science.

Gordon shivers at the sight of the Prophet's downward movement.

It is nearly TIME.....

(Please enjoy the tongue-in-cheek "humour"....)

• Like 4
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Great news Jeff. And yes I still have your sample of wall for inspiration when required. Had a break due to holidays but must restart wall construction again soon. Pictures to follow, or start a thread on the project. Hmmm

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Ramrig said:

Great news Jeff. And yes I still have your sample of wall for inspiration when required. Had a break due to holidays but must restart wall construction again soon. Pictures to follow, or start a thread on the project. Hmmm

Steve, glad to hear you still have the sample.

I was sorting through about 20 boxes of rail stuff on Friday and came across several metres of walling I'd saved from KL2. This will be useful for some of the background scenes, saving about 20,000 stones.

I plan to put more smaller stones into the new walling to try and up the realism factor. It might backfire, but worth trying.

Jeff.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all....

A short post to let you know that I'll be starting the Gill Head thread later this evening.

I'll make a few initial comments, just to get the thing going, and hope there'll be plenty to entertain you over the coming months and years!

Jeff

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I made my comment because it doesn't seem to matter what platform I post on, some arbitrary spell-bu99er-upper comes into play.

Whether it's my phone, tablet or laptop, the same thing happens. I've switched off the checker on the tablet, and there are still changes. Eg. Auto-correct becomes "anti-virus", on becomes "in", Arten becomes Severn etc - see, "etc" just became "Tec", sometimes it is "Dec". 

Bl**dy infuriating!!!!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Simple answer, Peter.

I was looking at the last page (225) of KL2 when I thought I'd to today's posts re. spell-checker. I forgot I wasn't in GH, and posted on here.

Now I'm not sure we're actually talking about the same thing here....if you were referring to View New Content, or something equivalent.

Please don't reply on here - post on GH if you want to comment - it'll be nice to see you there. And I'm about to post some new pics.

Jeff

• Like 1