Cue requests for shots of the naked Bunker Mk.24...  ;)

Will be nice to see you back in the saddle when you finally get there, Jeff.

Cheers

Scott

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Scott.

Naked Bunker? Brings back memories of the old days - Mankini man, sausages and the like.

I will post some pics of the garage when I start the new thread - and I'll do that early next year, allowing discussion before work starts. I'll even post up the "grand plan" at that time. I might even ask for suggestions for a layout name. I've already thought of a couple I like, so we'll see what you guys come up with.

NO FELL in the new scheme, but MORE walling than KL!

Good to hear from you, too. Once I start to spend more time on here I'll have a good look at Stockrington.

Jeff

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just to let the regulars on here know that Jim Willcox, aka "Aberdare", a major contributor to the KL/KL2 threads, has passed away.

A lovely guy, he will be greatly missed.

Thanks to AndyP for pointing out his obituary in the MM&M section.

RIP Jim.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Evening folks.

I've noticed activity on Mike's Dent thread and thought I'd just pop in to say "Happy New Year" to all Lunesters, and anyone else who finds the KL incarnations of interest.

I'll hopefully be starting a new thread in the near future, but we'll just wait and see about that.

In the meantime, enjoy your modelling!

Jeff

• Like 9

Hi Jeff, Happy New Year to you too. Hope all goes well with the new abode and eventual model railway. I will be joining the ranks of the retired (again) this summer although I have to wait until November for the Dept of Work and Pensions to cough up.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Jonathan, congrats on your SECOND retirement! If you have to wait a few months for your pension you'll have to stop buying all those models. Or get your wife to bail you out :-)

I've still got a lot of things to sort before anything concrete (literally and metaphorically) can start, but plans have been sorted for months now. Never one to "tempt fate", I'll start the new thread when I'm certain that something is DEFINITELY going to happen.

in the meantime guys you can continue to get your "fix" from Mike's excellent Dent thread, especially with his recent piccies.

Jeff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year to you Jeff, pleased to see your still looking in, and looking forward to what's to come!

Rich

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice to hear from you Jeff and wishing you all the best for the new year.

Don

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year Jeff, I'm looking forward to seeing your new pad, and Plans.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Cheers lads.

I will hopefully be able to start a new thread in early February. No construction work will be possible until autumn, but I will endeavour to put my plans into the new thread to give you a proper idea of how I visualise things.

Bridges, the viaduct, board sizes and positions etc are all drawn out to scale, ready for "action".

In the meantime the practical aspects of the layout - provisionally titled "Gill Head" - will have to wait.

Kirkby Luneside  station area meets Arten Gill viaduct just about sums it up!

I'll say no more until the new thread commences!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Jeff,

good to hear your positive news. I was looking back at KL(1) to see the original plans, specifically about the original viaduct when I came across this on p3 (June 2012)

"...I'm hoping the project will keep me going for a couple of years - at least! Should be fun, especially as I enjoy building work of all kinds. Thank goodness for power tools!!"

I don't know your setting location at all and regarding the viaduct, I gather the combo of Viaduct in KL 1 /2 with KS station is a construct as will be the reborn version. Fabulous setting all the same,

Best wishes for 2020,

Colin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Colin.

Thanks for looking in. Hopefully there may be something to interest you in the next year or so. No Fell, but plenty of alternative landscape!

I hope you are all managing in the Melbourne area. Our thoughts are with you out there - I've just had an update from Scott (jukebox) in Perth.

Best wishes and take care.

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1