LNER Models in 4mm

micklner

• 3 weeks later...

Back to Gresley days. W1 No 10000 built using Graeme Kings resin conversion kit and Hornby A4 Falcon Body and correct Corridor tender.

Total repaint using Railmatch paint as I was not happy with trying to match Hornbys version of Garter Blue which is nothing like any other shade available that I am aware of.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

attachicon.gif5.jpg

Since photos I have adjusted rear end of Loco as slightly high in realtion to the Tender.

Can you see the join ? :O

Hi, 

Quick question as per you W1 in LNER Garter Blue, what was the rail match number and did you re line the parabolic curves around the Wedge nose?

As I am in the planning to do this model, thanks 

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Second build, I have done of old A.F Hammond etches only kit ,of a H&BR Suburban Coach. I have added castings, Roof and MJT Bogies. Now ready for painting.

post-7186-0-88347700-1521108613.jpeg

post-7186-0-43843000-1521108626.jpeg

post-7186-0-51489500-1521108640.jpeg

Latest Hornby Brake Van backdated to early LNER . New Roof Vents, Lamp irons ,end castings removed , footboards shortened, repainted. Awaits weathering.

post-7186-0-79550600-1521108653.jpg

Edited by micklner
  • Like 11

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A2/3 Edward Thompson being built at the moment.

post-7186-0-08006900-1527773413.jpeg

post-7186-0-36727100-1527773425.jpeg

Falcon Brass LNER F8 stalled at the moment waiting for etched lamp irons to arrive. Chimney and Safety Valve not fitted down.

post-7186-0-29907900-1527773443.jpeg

post-7186-0-24591600-1527773461.jpg

Edited by micklner
  • Like 14

Falcon Brass LNER F8 stalled at the moment waiting for etched lamp irons to arrive. Chimney and Safety Valve not fitted down.

It must be catching, I have a Slater/Rising Star F8 kit stalled in a box too....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I have never seen or heard of a Nucast F8, I look forward to the pictures. Cheers

I'll fish it out when I get home - the body is nicely done, but the chassis is basically 2 strips of brass. I think that a new chassis will be required, tbh

• Like 1

I've never heard of a Nu-cast F8 but there was a kit by Centre Models. Whether this was ever incorporated into the Nu-cast range or not I've no idea. The Centre Models kit had a cast white metal central chassis with a pair of poney trucks.

I'm still away at sea, so can't get my hands on the beastie as yet. I'm now wondering just what it actually is. Definitely a nicely assembled whitemetal body, with what appears to be a homebrew or modified Ks set of slab-like frames as the chassis. Hmm...

I'm still away at sea, so can't get my hands on the beastie as yet. I'm now wondering just what it actually is. Definitely a nicely assembled whitemetal body, with what appears to be a homebrew or modified Ks set of slab-like frames as the chassis. Hmm...

It maybe a "modified' G5 you have .

K's and DJH were the main users of the Brass slab frame chassis's .

Nucast were white metal chassis and then I believe to etched ?

No idea about Centre Models never seen any of their kits.

GEM had a LMS 2-4-2 Tank in their range.

I used to have many years ago a Cotswold GCR F1, with a milled brass chassis.

Not aware of any other 2-4-2 tank kits.