LNER Models in 4mm

micklner

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, micklner said:

Up and running , very pleased with end result !.

So you should be, Mick.  That looks great.

Please post a video if you have time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 14/08/2019 at 16:06, micklner said:

Current model finally found some time, after building an house extension during the last year.

3d print of a NER Petrol Inspection Saloon with a scratchbuilt chassis, this now ready for painting.

fullsizeoutput_27b6.jpeg

What drive unit did you use please?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Short running video of the Inspection car.

ggggggrrrr

On 23/08/2019 at 21:17, teaky said:

So you should be, Mick.  That looks great.

Please post a video if you have time.

Video attempted on my small digital Canon it refuses to load NTSC and PAL files (only options on the camera  ) , on my Canon SLR with the smallest file setting even with a 5 second long file, it refuses to load saying its over 10mb in size.

Any suggestions on loading Videos on here please ?

Edited by micklner

6 minutes ago, micklner said:

gggggg

Video attempted on my small digital Canon it refuses to load NTSC and PAL files (only options on the camera  ) , on my Canon SLR with the smallest file setting even with a 5 second long file, it refuses to load saying its over 10mb in size.

I suppose you could put it on YouTube or some other site & link it here.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, micklner said:

gggggg

As already posted above by Tony and Dave.  Sorry, I've never actually posted a video on RMweb.

You could increase your limit by becoming a Gold member. ;)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A overdue update, on a few builds of this year.

Thompson Coaches based on the old Bachmann version.

Restaurant Flying Scotsman PV using Southern Pride side

fullsizeoutput_2c12.jpeg

Comet sides on this Composite. Please note I had other old Comet etched Sides, on testing against the latest Bachmann Thompson's ,the sides are about 1mm too low. Not a lot but would be a pain to correct. Mine were therefore sold on.

fullsizeoutput_2c02.jpeg

Edited by micklner
  • Like 4

Looking for details for the Lettering layout on this Cattle wagon please.

Old Model Wagon Co castings only kit, of a Great North of Scotland Cattle Wagon , instructions were minimal in the bag. Tatlow has two poor photos of this one , you are unable to see the lettering in either photo.

fullsizeoutput_2c0f.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Can't help, sorry, Mick. All I can suggest is there might be a photo in the GNoSR Album (Ian Allan) but I won't be reunited with mine until Xmas. Otherwise, maybe contact the GNoSR Association. According to the thread below, the man to ask (in 2012 at least) was a Des Byrne. Apparently the GNoSRA produced a book on modelling the line. Another option might be to drop Nick Holliday (the third poster here) a PM - he seems knowledgeable (and seems to have the book): 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/56296-gnsr-4mm-kits-any-available/

Some nice work here. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, micklner said:

LNER Insulated Containers , the end chains were a real pain !! These are G King castings ,and designed by J Wealleans, thanks to both.

fullsizeoutput_2c06.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c07.jpeg

Lovely work as always Mick. What did you use for those pesky chains? I need to detail my pair

• Thanks 1

Cant speak for Mick, but I used the smallest chain Ambis do (40 lpi?) for mine with their container shackle on the end.

To tighten them I use a fine copper loop to attach the chain to, which you can then bend over to pull the chain taut.  Once it's blackened it's all but invisible.

Little_Bytham_J69_containers_zpsxeiwyh60

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5