EBMRS 2015 Biggleswade Show Feb 14th

chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

February 14th sees our annual exhibition and as usual we aim to put on a good show.

Doors open from 10.30 -17.00

Adults - £5

Child     £3

Senior   £4

Family (2+2) £13

Layouts

Smallcombe (OO)  1930s LMS Branch Line Terminus

Bankfield Road (7mm) Black Country location in 1947-48 (Minimum space)

Hobbs Warren (7mm) Great Eastern DCC Loco Depot with full sound.

Snape Maltings (EM)  Goods Station as the Maltings might have been in 1960

Orchard Road TMD (OO)  BR Blue Period Diesel Depot

Cross Ness (OO)  1980s BR South London Branch & Engineering Depot

Chasebury (7mm)  Fictitious Industrial Estate Complex

Mannin Middle (OOn3)  Atmospheric Isle of Mann layout

Dydley Junction (N)  LMS Secondary Branch with GW running rights

Ledsam Street Yard (7mm)  Fictional Industrial shunting layout based in the 1930s

Banbury (N)  DCC Modern Image set in 2011

Boot Owd Ratty (¼” scale NG)  1880s 3ft Ravenglass & Eskdale (by Peter Kazer

Hulwell Junction (N)  Fictitious location somewhere in South Yorkshire

Sutton (OO finescale)  Lancs Derbyshire & East Coast Rly in BR Steam Days

St. Marks Yard (HO)  DCC layout based on a Los Angeles warehouse area

Aldbourne (OO9)  Freelance layout inspired by Lynton & Barnstaple Rly

Smallford (N)  Bringing the history of Smallford station to life c.1960

Facilities

Light refreshments are available all day

Disabled:
All Layouts in the Main Hall and Trade Stands accessible to wheelchairs.
No access to those layouts on the stage.

Parking:
Ample parking on site for cars

On Foot:
15 minutes from Biggleswade Railway Station

The location for the show is;

Stratton Upper School
Eagle Farm Road
Biggleswade
SG18 8JB

More information can be found on our website about the show and the club in general.

http://www.ebmrs.org.uk/show.htm

Any queries and I'll do my best to answer them and we all look forward to seeing many of you on the day.

Dave.....Chris....Dave......Chris.....(the Muscle on the door..) 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a few days to go and preparations are well in hand for this years show. for those thinking of attending here are a few comments from last year.

“I thought it was a really good show and would recommend it for next year”

“This is in danger of becoming a finescale show!”

“Thanks to every-one at East Beds Club for a really good show as usual”.

“Can I second George's comments, it's a show well worth a visit. Tim and I had a thoroughly good day with Drewry and nice to meet some new people. It's a show we'd be happy to go back to”

More top quality layouts are booked for this year, pop along and see us.

Just a quick pic of another one not been seen away from its home layout. 5518 done up like a dogs dinner for the 1969 Derby Day Royal Train. It was rebuilt from a toffee apple to a full blown 31 including later head code boxes

post-5754-0-79926600-1423664140.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Another very good show by the Biggleswade club as usual. We enjoyed ourselves.

The opening time of 10.30 am also helped us to get set up a little more leisurely than many shows especially after an hour and a halfs drive.

Spent a bit with traders aswell.

Ian

Agree with Roundhouses comments- another good show from a small society that punches way above its weight and puts some larger clubs to shame. A big well done to Dick and his merry men for another very pleasurable day. Was good to see the Mudmagnet family - indeed had lunch with the charming Mrs Mudmagnet and Mudnagnet minor on a somewhat seasick table! Well done to all cncerned.

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• RMweb Premium

A nice show - many thanks.  Spent a few minutes trying to guess the insurance value of all the stock on Hobbs Warren :O

Second thoughts ......it'd better be :O :o

It must've been a good layout - the OH said " I like this one" and then spent quite a while watching it, which is unlike her....

polybear

• RMweb Gold

It looks like it falls to me to say a huge thanks for everyone who attended yesterday as either an exhibitor or a visitor.

Some more faces to forum names, Mudmagnet, itsme, 31A and others, pleasure to meet you all and we all hope everyone had an enjoyable day. 

The overwhelming theme from visitors exiting was that they thought the layouts were of an extremely high standard both operationally and visually, which is a credit to their owners and operators and which for us is what it's all about.

Plans are already in hand for next year so "watch this space"

:sungum:

Decided to skip Milton Keynes show this year as the selection of N layouts looked very limited.

In the afternoon following a fruitless trawl of DIY stores for some bits we needed for the house my wife suggested we head for Biggleswade as she knew I has mentioned I would like to go.

I have to say I am glad I went, it was a very good show, by the time I got there not too crowded. there were some really nice layouts. In N I liked Dydley Junction which packed so much operational interest into a very small footprint. Nicely modelled and ran well. Banbury always inspires no matter how many times I see it. I was fascinated by the 1:48 scale model of "Boot" the old Ravenglass and Eskdale station. It is a place that has long intrigued me, pictures being very elusive and to see it so beautifully modelled was a treat (and it ran as well as it looked). Plenty of other nice layouts too.

Well done to East Beds MRS..

Roy

Archived