Mid-Cornwall Lines - 1950s Western Region in 00

St Enodoc

7 minutes ago, Northroader said:

And 56A69ACA-5B63-4A01-B165-C561D15E0450.jpeg.16ec3a77450c77c1724ee1d4080fbee5.jpeg

i used this shade a while while ago, and found it looked quite good. At present the borders are unpainted ply, and the light shade of natural wood goes well, but I think in time I’ll get another can of the Lovat Green shade.

What is that loco lurking in the back?

D

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 06/05/2021 at 05:02, Oldddudders said:

Showers on boobs may be found easily in other parts of the Internet, so I am told. 

So, Ian, you posted this; Graham agreed with you; Stu found it informative/useful; Steve gave you a round of applause; five others found it funny; and I found it interesting/thought-provoking.

What a right old bunch we are...

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

So, Ian, you posted this; Graham agreed with you; Stu found it informative/useful; Steve gave you a round of applause; five others found it funny; and I found it interesting/thought-provoking.

What a right old bunch we are...

Just to clarify, it was the 'so I'm told' part of Ian's post that I was agreeing with... 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Just to clarify, it was the 'so I'm told' part of Ian's post that I was agreeing with... 

So stories of you frantically searching the Internet are greatly exaggerated? 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

38 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

So stories of you us frantically searching the Internet are greatly exaggerated? 

I've just corrected that for you ...

What do they say - 90% of people do; the other 10% are liars?

Perhaps we should return to the (railway) modelling. Either that or a cold shower.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

With our next running session only a week away (DV) I didn't want to start any major work that wouldn't be finished by then, so I decided just to lay the trackbed for St Enodoc Down end.

1452357193_20210508001SEDownendlookingUp.JPG.60c22c5fa1b597208b4d076ec5e9fc20.JPG

383600718_20210508004SEDownendlookingDwon.JPG.9a90a99487895d2e1b74a26a4794d009.JPG

I rather enjoy this job, as it marks the change from what looks like a plank of wood to a railway under construction.

I started with the DCC Concepts foam strips, laying them as far as the place where they met as they converged at the points. Then I filled in the vee-shaped gaps under the points with narrow tapered strips and finally cut and laid a single piece of cork to fill the gap. Tomorrow, I'll probably paint the cork grey.

2057418260_20210508005SElookingUp.JPG.53bea0a6348bf4223ff47789dddc11cc.JPG

Here are the helicopter views of the whole of St Enodoc. Here you can see the slit in the baseboard top that marks where the single line starts to fall at about 1 in 100 and the china-clay branch starts to rise at about 1 in 50.

769577188_20210508006SElookingDown.JPG.d036d2f73ede7fbc2e5077f0600be955.JPG

In this photo you can see Wheal Veronica china-clay kiln in what will be approximately its final position, although it will be raised up to the level of the road across the overbridge at St Enodoc Down end.

1049011292_20210508007layoutprojectplan.JPG.4d9adb6801699e9258c068a28e70a464.JPG

Finally I took a photo of the updated layout project plan, showing the full layout at St Enodoc and, faintly, the curve of the single line to St Enodoc, the china-clay branch to Wheal Veronica, a possible alignment for the Camping Coach siding and the Loop at Treloggan Junction.

All this talk of camping coaches, china clay kilns and signal boxes is getting me fair excited! Good to see the progress!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Bit late to the party on the fascia Color, have a look at hurricane grey it is a blue grey from dulux. Not quite as dark as monument which is a colourbond colour. (Ok its as close to black as they make) I have found it very good as it focuses the eye in the same way as theatrical blacks do. But is not quite as dead or as difficult to keep looking good. The other thing is it is available from Bunnings as uk and Australian colours seem to use different codes and names. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

At the risk of reopening ‘fasciagate’, could you try some of your Dulux slate base to see how it looks?

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

....David the owner is also going to let me know the name of his neutral brown (practically beige) paint when he can find the tin....

Beige???   That’s just SO 1970’s.   Brings back instant memories of brown suits, flared corduroy trousers, platform shoes and cheesecloth shirts!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Chamby said:

Beige???   That’s just SO 1970’s.   Brings back instant memories of brown suits, flared corduroy trousers, platform shoes and cheesecloth shirts!

Kipper tie?

No thanks, I prefer coffee.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Chamby said:

Even worse, avocado coloured bathrooms suites!

• Agree 7
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Good to hear that David is progressing with the layout.. which is very large and will be fun to operate.

Glad to hear that you have managed another running session. Hopefully we are getting back to semi-normality too  so Chapel and Wentworth should see some running too. Mind you I think we are nearly all double jabbed...

Baz

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Chamby said:

Oh!!! you fashion icon Phil. :declare:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Those of us who suffered the 70s discos would not been seen in anything else. :blush:

Fond memories disco dancing to 'I'm a man' by Chicago at Tiffanys, Piccadilly. :rolleyes:

• Like 2