'Bishop Street'

georgeT

Hello Marcus / Leon / Andy / Class 66.

Thanks for dropping in and the kind comments, the resprays were done about fifthteen years ago when me and Bodgit lived down south, and l was really using up all the spare transfers l had at the time, no research was ever done just did what suited us at the time, l used to spray locos up for many people over the years, and well remember a friend who was really into the Class 56 and he got me to paint about 15 up in the Coal Sector livery he said what numbers he wanted, but on this new venture l will look more closely at the details, pipes, depot plaques etc etc, and try to make a decent model out of them...

George

post-7716-0-02735600-1421396709_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-01161800-1421396710_thumb.jpg

Evening George, I really am looking forward to coming up and running some PROPPER trains on Bishop Street, I hope you get some good stuff at the weekend and we'll have a good day and look at lots of ideas for you to go home with.

Today I have again got rid of some stock that wasn't right for Bitton and replaced it with a couple of bits ready for Bishops Street etc.

Firstly the Vi Trains Dutch 37 once fully detailed, weathered and Sound fitted it will be the biz.

post-9335-0-31282200-1421439236_thumb.jpg

Then there's the Vi Trains 37 in Distribution that we were looking at on E-Bay the other night. Again a bit of work and some Sound will transform the beast, although I might have it re named and Numbered.

post-9335-0-43580100-1421439460_thumb.jpg

Then there is a Hornby 31 in Railfreight Large Logo, I have spoken to Hornby today and they have confirmed that the Box Number is NOT from any batch that had Chassis crumbling problem. Again its to clean and quiet at the moment.

post-9335-0-94363600-1421439585_thumb.jpg

None of the above will run on Bitton, but theres also some Blue stock that will also run on Bitton and could suit BS as well, I will post the picks of those on the Bitton thread.

Hope you don't mind the pics on here mate.

I will be up later if you want a chat.

Evening George, I really am looking forward to coming up and running some PROPPER trains on Bishop Street, I hope you get some good stuff at the weekend and we'll have a good day and look at lots of ideas for you to go home with.

Today I have again got rid of some stock that wasn't right for Bitton and replaced it with a couple of bits ready for Bishops Street etc.

Firstly the Vi Trains Dutch 37 once fully detailed, weathered and Sound fitted it will be the biz.

attachicon.gifBlue and Modern Diesels 008.JPG

Then there's the Vi Trains 37 in Distribution that we were looking at on E-Bay the other night. Again a bit of work and some Sound will transform the beast, although I might have it re named and Numbered.

attachicon.gifBlue and Modern Diesels 009.JPG

Then there is a Hornby 31 in Railfreight Large Logo, I have spoken to Hornby today and they have confirmed that the Box Number is NOT from any batch that had Chassis crumbling problem. Again its to clean and quiet at the moment.

attachicon.gifBlue and Modern Diesels 010.JPG

None of the above will run on Bitton, but theres also some Blue stock that will also run on Bitton and could suit BS as well, I will post the picks of those on the Bitton thread.

Hope you don't mind the pics on here mate.

I will be up later if you want a chat.

Those are funny looking locos - which end do you put the coal?

• RMweb Gold

George - we live and learn.  I knew that you had great modelling skills but until reading this thread today had no idea just how skilful you were with the spray stuff.  Looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.

Cheers, Peter

I need a nudge to get into DCC sound and I'm starting to worry this might be it...

Hello Pete.

l bought the Hornby 08 from Bodgit and its lovely just having it ticking over in the yard is great, leaves you wanting more, very addictive......and the 37 is just awesome.

George

Damnit... I said a nudge, not a shove...  :nyam: 

Morning Cav.

Welcome aboard, what l want to do is model the modern scene from 1985 upwards so 'Bishop Street' will probably have some network rail yellow locos as well, so its anything goes with all manner of liveries and classes and SOUND fitted as well..

George

Morning PeterBB,

Really looking forward to meeting up with you and 'Deesdale' on the Saturday should be fun, Thanks for the kind comments on my resprays, l have not done any for years so l need brushing up as loads of things have changed, need to find all the suppliers for paint, transfers etc etc...

George

Hers some pictures of some stock for the new venture, the 37 is a vi-trains and the snow ploughs don't look too bad, but the RES 47 is a Bachmann and the ploughs stick out a bit too far so l will have to adjust them as they foul the pipework ??...

George

post-7716-0-62027000-1421668168_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-67145100-1421668171_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-46420200-1421668174_thumb.jpg

Hers some pictures of some stock for the new venture, the 37 is a vi-trains and the snow ploughs don't look too bad, but the RES 47 is a Bachmann and the ploughs stick out a bit too far so l will have to adjust them as they foul the pipework ??...

George

Nice mate, the buffers on the Duff look a bit wonky though.

Archived