Bachmann/Olivia's Trains Direct Rail Services Class 37 Limited Edition

• RMweb Premium

I wonder how these will sell now, Olivia's rejected them because of the cost increase, they are now appearing all over the place at varying prices between £114 and £140 and seem to have attracted a lot of attention.

Had Olivias taken delivery and sold them at the RRP I wonder if they would all be sat on the shelves gathering dust.

Reported above as £132 with postage from Olivia's - with their standard minimum postage charge, that makes it £127...............

Thanks very much, will post some pics when received, I now have a spare DRS CL37/4 to modify into another loco...................37423?

I was looking at one before and noticed oval buffers one end rectangular on the other. It was the same on all four of them. Might make it harder to convert into another number.

We've only got one left! They only arrived this morning.

That could be to do with your comparatively competitive price. Retailers selling them at £135+ whilst stock of 37405 is still readily available at £102 may not shift them so quick but it does show the power of the 'limited edition' label.

That could be to do with your comparatively competitive price. Retailers selling them at £135+ whilst stock of 37405 is still readily available at £102 may not shift them so quick but it does show the power of the 'limited edition' label.

We chose to take the 15% off allowed by Bachmann as we decided just because it's limited edition that's no reason to charge full RRP.

Does the model not come with supplied etched nameplates then?

Had mine in the post from Sawyer Models Today, No It Doesn't Come With Etched Nameplates

Very well packaged and included in the loco box was a slip saying it had been tested in both directions under DC on the 29/01. Nice Touch!

• RMweb Premium

I received my Limited Edition 37402 on Monday and it was tested and run in last night on the layout. A fantastic loco with fantastic customer service from Widnes Model Centre.

Onceablue in this parish messaged me on Sunday 24th January offering me this loco as Widnes Model Centre were acquiring some to sell. From that day I have received constant contact about when the model was due to arrive, the payment methods available, the price of the loco and very friendly chats. There has been excellent customer service from then until Monday when the loco arrived and even now when I have the loco. I would rate this shop 10/10 for a fantastic shopping experience and excellent customer service. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful and can never do enough for you.

Thank you very much Dave, Barry, Gill and anyone else at Widnes Model Centre for a fantastic loco and excellent customer service throughout. It's very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived