• RMweb Gold

In relation to baps I hope you aren't talking inverted n|pples. I once had a bike with them. Really difficult to pump with lubricant.

Finbarr S

I had a girlfriend with them; similar problem...

She was lovely in every other respect, though!

• RMweb Gold

Wasn't the weather rather warm for that event last year?

It was. A group photo before the doors opened. I had popped to the loo.

post-14122-0-43995400-1548445893.jpg

• Like 2

Or impressed?

...not impressed at all, that lass has obviously spent a small fortune on them appendages and the surgeon couldn't even stick them on straight...I'd be asking for me money back if I were her...

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

Sheep Lane behaved itself today and a most enjoyable show it was.

Lots of familiar faces many of whom travelled considerable distance to be with us at the show.

Thank you all.

Perhaps a more comprehensive write up later but for now, all good.

Rob.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

A flavour of the show today.....With due credit to Bob Masterman.

Rob.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

The highlight of the show for me was chatting to so many people, old friends and new.

I continue to be humbled by the simple fact that many travel considerable distance to come to the show but this makes the show what it has become. Thank you for your efforts and support.

Lovely to hand over Sheep Lane to our own CK in order for him to give a few of his locos a canter. The common denominator here was that all ran beautifully, a tribute to his craft. The CK/DJM/HATTONS 14xx Special was delightful and everything that DJM/HATTONS had failed to acheive. Smooth responsive,impeccable slow running showed how good this model could have been.

The Peckett and Austerity simply continued this theme.

However, some mods are required to Sheep Lane should our good Captain persist in using three links in order to avoid potential injury.

For my own part, my 3F and 4F ran very well throughout. Some attention is required to a few couplings and much discussion was had over weathering of wagons/locos.

All in all a very nice day indeed..

Next up is Yate next Saturday. Looking forward to this and a day out with Mutton.

A few jobs to attend to, Nothing too demanding but a tweak her and there to ensure that it looks the part as I will be in some very good company.

Rob.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Video removed as it won't work on here!

A few snaps of Rob's outstandingly weathered stock plus a few of CK's visiting engines and wagons.

post-6728-0-79688300-1548581386_thumb.jpg

CK's 1458 fitted with its new chassis, motor, gearbox and wheels. Also the 'sunken' cabside number plates have been replaced and fitted in their proper 'raised' positions.

post-6728-0-51836300-1548581435_thumb.jpg

CK's very well run-in original Hatton's loco.

post-6728-0-60453300-1548581532_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-18499300-1548581611_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-75129200-1548582056_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-19725200-1548582185_thumb.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 12