• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

After the chaos and madness of the weekend, things should settle down at Chateau de la Sheep. 

Thoughts turn to Bleat Wharf and bringing that up to a standard that I feel happy to present. 

The basics are more or less complete and with three weeks or there abouts we should see further progress made. However, next week is looking tricky as the outlaws are over to stay. Therefore time will be at a premium. 

Bleat will not be the finished article at Taunton but I hope it will look presentable and give a good account of itself. 

On a positive, it rather looks like Bleat will be at the SDJRt show at Edington in January, something I am very pleased about { My thanks to Wiggy  of the Parish for facilitating this}. With this in mind, Bleat will be perhaps more readily identified as being an S&D layout. 

Rob. 

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Not sure, Stubbers. I know Wiggy had his little layout there this year.....and that is certainly not S&D. 

R

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Would you like it to be just for S&D layouts?

Its preferable to just S & M layouts !

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, bgman said:

Its preferable to just S & M layouts !

What's wrong with the Shropshire & Montgomeryshire Light Railway?

(You knew that I'd say that, didn't you, you fellow, you!).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

38 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

What's wrong with the Shropshire & Montgomeryshire Light Railway?

(You knew that I'd say that, didn't you, you fellow, you!).

Nothing that a good dressing up and whip round couldn't  put right !

( I would have expected nothing less dear heart ).

• Informative/Useful 1

On 09/04/2019 at 09:14, Captain Kernow said:

The emphasis is on S&D layouts but others are certainly not excluded. I have attended for about 10 years now, including as an exhibitor,  so am a comparative newcomer and have seen a wide variety of layouts ( even including GWR!). 

It is a small friendly exhibition which I would recommend. Photos below of SDMRS Edington layout at the exhibition in 2016. 

D10502A1-8E4F-43B4-BFA4-232AE63DA234.jpeg

4C062357-46ED-46FF-83FF-B8AD2E1BB559.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi Rob

Whilst at the club last night, they had the copy of Model Rail which your article appears in. A very good read and the photos from Mr Nevard really do your layouts justice. :yes:

Will need to obtain a copy myself...

Cheers,

Liam

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, barrymx5 said:

It is a small friendly exhibition which I would recommend.

The last time that I visited was in the year of the Wessex Trains demise. It was an enjoyable show in a 'bijou' hall!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, barrymx5 said:

The emphasis is on S&D layouts but others are certainly not excluded. I have attended for about 10 years now, including as an exhibitor,  so am a comparative newcomer and have seen a wide variety of layouts ( even including GWR!). 

It is a small friendly exhibition which I would recommend. Photos below of SDMRS Edington layout at the exhibition in 2016. 

Thanks, I was just being facetious in my previous comment.

In fact I've taken both my S&D layouts there twice and agree that it's a great show.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:14, Captain Kernow said:

I once mentioned the S &D (JR) as S & D, and got a right ear full from some geezer that told me in no uncertain terms that S & D was Stockton and Darlington. I'm still bruised and unsure about going outside again, however I believe that individual and many other persons of a similar ilk, have departed RMW.

P

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Mallard60022 said:

I once mentioned the S &D (JR) as S & D, and got a right ear full from some geezer that told me in no uncertain terms that S & D was Stockton and Darlington. I'm still bruised and unsure about going outside again, however I believe that individual and many other persons of a similar ilk, have departed RMW.

P

Don't worry, dear darling Ducky, we'll let his toast go cold if he tries that one again with you.

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

16 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

Just remember: 'Illegitimi non carborundum'.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, SVRlad said:

Just remember: 'Illegitimi non carborundum'.

Very useful that. I always like to be reminded of the fact that the illegitimate don't have a carbon footprint.

I prefer a nice pair of slippers, myself.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

Poor Ducky. It's people like this that really do irk. 

I could take a similar viewpoint regarding the 'true S&D'. 

Armchair rivet counting critics are a pain and I am relieved to hear that this particular type has moved on. 

Utter tripe. 

Rob 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Poor Ducky. It's people like this that really do irk. 

I could take a similar viewpoint regarding the 'true S&D'. 

Armchair rivet counting critics are a pain and I am relieved to hear that this particular type has moved on. 

Utter tripe. 

Rob 

I don't think there are any rivets in my armchair.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

8 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Edited by NHY 581
original response removed as I am cclearly a bit grumpy today
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for all your support. I shall use it to support my broken Truss (not Lynn).

I was actually not phased by the said RC and they got told where they could shove their Abacus. I used to get quite shocked by some of the really aggressive remarks and certain responses on here. However I began to understand (slowly as I only have a small brain cell still in operation), that these folks ar as others on social media and they are just sad and sometimes bad.

Otherwise I quite miss some of the people that have disappeared or have been disappeared by the management and those that were often very funny indeed.

If it is of any interest I am making slow progress with SOSJ but I am not bothering to show anything like that any more as it is nowhere near enough effort to display. Trains still run a bit as I need to test clearances and look at the scale and perspective of various sites, as well as testing out rejogged track and pointwork, along with trickery operation of points. There are though far fewer trains on the tracks so as space is available to do stuff.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
Because of Brexit.
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

17 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Saying 'Cullompton' in an irate but non-specific manner sometimes helps.

That's a very long disarming word to use, by the time you've muttered it the moment has become a James May look back in the past program

What you need is a short sharp 4 letter word - 'Shap' or for locals of the Bleat Valley - 'Shep'

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

20 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

Some folk get worked up over such silly things don't they. Having said that, 'we' got in there first in Darlo...... birthplace of the railways! (Firmly tongue in cheek) :haha:

11 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I don't think there are any rivets in my armchair.

Sounds a painful affliction! No wonder those type of people are so angry and get so worked up; I suppose I might be too with a rivet up my..............

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Saying 'Cullompton' in an irate but non-specific manner sometimes helps.

More than a hint of Horrocksford with feeling about it this morning. 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

Coitate si cognato, comes to mind. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1