• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

Sadly Google analytics being what they are that little joke has had a most unfortunate impact on my pop up advertising content.....

Delete your browsing history immediately.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

Drat, by clearing my history i have replaced pop adverts for certain medications  with ads for Warners magazines. I'm off to Google some more risque phrases in foreign languages.......

Ready for Saturday no doubt?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Saying 'Cullompton' in an irate but non-specific manner sometimes helps.

I use 'Fochrhiw', and sometimes 'Scethrog', in a similar fashion, but if you want a 3 syllable expletive Cullompton is pretty good.  I have a soft spot for Longwoodswidger, the same part of the world, as well; a hint of Ramblin' Sid about this IMHO.

(Best Devon accent) 'Oi be a long woods widger. an' oi do widger all the live long day in the long wood.  Sometimes, oi be 'aving a beer in th'evenin' with one of they medium length woods widgers, but oi bain't 'avin no truck with they short woods widgers.  Bain't natrel, trouble'll come of et, mark moi words...'

By which time you've almost made it to Launceston if you're coming down the A30!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I use 'Fochrhiw', and sometimes 'Scethrog', in a similar fashion, but if you want a 3 syllable expletive Cullompton is pretty good.  I have a soft spot for Longwoodswidger, the same part of the world, as well; a hint of Ramblin' Sid about this IMHO.

(Best Devon accent) 'Oi be a long woods widger. an' oi do widger all the live long day in the long wood.  Sometimes, oi be 'aving a beer in th'evenin' with one of they medium length woods widgers, but oi bain't 'avin no truck with they short woods widgers.  Bain't natrel, trouble'll come of et, mark moi words...'

By which time you've almost made it to Launceston if you're coming down the A30!

bww.PNG.2db975b2eb3a48a684b0acb1576ac676.PNG

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Rhosllanerchrugog!

Huh!

That's just Welsh for 'excuse me, Constable, can you direct me to the nearest chip shop that sells cod and chips in real newspaper and not just in plastic tubs, please and by the way, did you know that you've got some spilt egg yolk on your tunic but never mind there's a dry cleaners just over there by the little stone bridge that spans the burbling brook down by the old gas works'.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

That's just Welsh for 'excuse me, Constable, can you direct me to the nearest chip shop that sells cod and chips in real newspaper and not just in plastic tubs, please and by the way, did you know that you've got some spilt egg yolk on your tunic but never mind there's a dry cleaners just over there by the little stone bridge that spans the burbling brook down by the old gas works'.

Welsh is such a lyrical language, don't you think?

Al.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

No, ta.

Now look what you started, and whats more I couldn't afford a dry cleaners when I spilt egg on my face, oh! hang on, I may have just got that wrong ?

There are also reports of a convoy of railway enthusiasts travelling down the M5 stopping at every service station asking for directions to the Fabled and Lost Empire which was once Cullompton. Some were displeased that only burgers in baps were available and no "real" fish and chips to be seen on the menu.

Whatever next ?

Edited by bgman
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Rhosllanerchrugog!

Just down the road from where my late paternal grandmother grew up, at Rhostyllen.

"Wrexham?"

"Well, it doesn't do them a lot of good."

• Like 2
  • Funny 4