• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Foreign.

Probably LNER.

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Considerably further East than that CK......

Not Kent, surely?

My limited understanding of geography tells me that parts of the LNER were further east than any part of Kent. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Is there much narrow gauge in that part of the world, Sheepychap?

I've seen some extremely groovy narrow gauge footage from Poland on YouTube, plus the excellent German narrow gauge, of course.

Try the JHMD, CK.

An extensive system which is not too far from where I normally stay when we visit. A good run in normally a single coach behind a diesel loco or they do run vintage trains behind steam.

I can recommend it.

We also have a good selection of branch lines in our area, normally run by railbuses. However, one of the best goes from our home town. I have posted photos here before but attach a few more.

24 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Mají ovce v češtině?

Al

Ano.

20180826_115254.jpg

20180826_134805.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, sb67 said:

Nice idea, is there much available for That or would you have to do a bit of scratchbuilding?

Steve.

There is a fair bit there Steve. Enough to get started but there  would be  a need to build a few bits and bobs.

Should I get started, I would probably start a separate thread to make things a bit easier.

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, wiggoforgold said:

Rob, I don't quite know how to say this, but those are not J70s.

Alex

True. But anything that stops a man thinking too much about sheep is probably good for him. 

• Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, wiggoforgold said:

Rob, I don't quite know how to say this, but those are not J70s.

Alex

Nor are they cute little panniers, either.

Can Norman speak Czech, Rob?

Does he have a passport?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

My limited understanding of geography tells me that parts of the LNER were further east than any part of Kent. 

Turns out you're right, old chap. Who'd have thought it?

Never mind, it's only the LNER, no panniers or Terriers there.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Turns out you're right, old chap. Who'd have thought it?

Never mind, it's only the LNER, no panniers or Terriers there.

Maybe I had too much time on my hands covering the Ramsgate SM's job in my Relief SM days, 40 years ago. One thought one was awfully far east, until looking at the map! But it was a darned long way from my home station of Dartford, which was quite good for expenses!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I have come to the conclusion that all pork pies are a disappointment and that none can be trusted.

Why are you dallying with such an insipid one-dimensional foodstuff, when you hail from the land of the complete-meal-wrapped-in-pastry that is the Pasty?

I mean, what do you get in a pork pie? Pastry, pork, and a bit of watery jelly stuff.

Compare that to the intricate blend of gravy, meat and veg lovingly wrapped in a shaped pastry casing complete with built in handles, why would you stray?

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I have come to the conclusion that all pork pies are a disappointment and that none can be trusted.

You wouldn't think that if you  had eaten one of my M-i-L's pork pies.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

You are right, O Captain my Captain, as are all pasties, burgers, sausages, and any thigh else in which meat is mixed with lesser things to increase profit and spiced to hide the lack of taste. 

I only trust pies I make myself.  Which is a shame because I’m rubbish at pastry...

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/05/2019 at 15:58, Captain Kernow said:

On 13/05/2019 at 16:10, Alister_G said:

Why are you dallying with such an insipid one-dimensional foodstuff, when you hail from the land of the complete-meal-wrapped-in-pastry that is the Pasty?

I mean, what do you get in a pork pie? Pastry, pork, and a bit of watery jelly stuff.

Compare that to the intricate blend of gravy, meat and veg lovingly wrapped in a shaped pastry casing complete with built in handles, why would you stray?

Al.

On 13/05/2019 at 17:49, Joseph_Pestell said:

You wouldn't think that if you  had eaten one of my M-i-L's pork pies.

On 13/05/2019 at 17:54, Siberian Snooper said:

i quite like a proper Melton Mowbray pork pie, from time to time!

My entry into the great pork pie debate had to wait until I could visit G.F. White award winning family butchers. Here I give you a hand made pork pie with excellent pastry, proper meat and none of that nasty jelly

20190515_124223.jpg.5e9afc6149e70b5bdec2d0df10d56661.jpg20190515_124321.jpg.231d34267d57e71944d88d63c7bbf8b4.jpg

Bootiful!

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

My entry into the great pork pie debate had to wait until I could visit G.F. White award winning family butchers. Here I give you a hand made pork pie with excellent pastry, proper meat and none of that nasty jelly

20190515_124223.jpg.5e9afc6149e70b5bdec2d0df10d56661.jpg20190515_124321.jpg.231d34267d57e71944d88d63c7bbf8b4.jpg

Bootiful!

The air gaps look a bit big and I don't like the look of that brown liquid oozing out of the top.

E. Ronay

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

Thank you for that.

I'm sure he's perfectly amiable to you, but he still seems to have a bit of a shifty look about him.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Mutton is due to appear at the Midland Small Layout Showcase. 

Location for the show is Armitage in Staffordshire. 

There appear to be some very fine layouts there and as such I have a few jobs to attend to on Mutton. 

I need to change the wooden extentions which support the fiddle yards at either end. I have a few ideas and will update accordingly.

Stock wise, all is good. The motive power will be cleaned and tweaked. 

It does rather look as if, for now at least, the late crest version of 30583 is a non-starter. Try as I might, I cannot eradicate a limp which currently precludes it's use, even at home. 

Three of the Radials will travel, along with a 700 for back-up. 

Updates will follow if I can squeeze it in between RMweb Bake off. 

Rob. 

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2