• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

Wasn't the response you were expecting though was it...:sungum:

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

You've changed, I blame the lockdown as it's mellowed you.

It's an example of Stockholm Syndrome. The result of years of exposure to Swindon stuff..........

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Weren't they built at Wolverhampton though?

Ped Ant

:P

Same horse, different jockey. 

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Says he who regularly shops in Ikea.:D

Funny-Sheep-Facts-01.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

The Peckett chassis has now been cleansed of excess grease, as has the body. 

This morning I am replacing one of the handrails. I've lost track of how it was damaged but I contrived to put a kink in it. 

The original was somewhat tricky to remove but remove it I did and I'm in the process of trimming a replacement. 

As alluded to earlier, modelling time is somewhat at a premium today and I'm off to work for 12.........but hopefully something will get done in the meantime....

Rob. 

20201025_085901.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves.
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

I’m getting a bit out of touch with this fred, only check in once a week now because the Squeeze sez I spend too much time on here, which I do.  She’s supportive of the modelling but not the rabbiting about it.  So I check in and find I’ve missed a dozen or so pages.  

I will comment that there are sheep snd there are sheep, and mine are Peco and they are Bachmann.  Peco are good representations of Valleys sheep, scraggy and a bit of attitude to them, and the Baccy girlfriends, I mean sheep, are plump and healthy, look like they’ve just been delivered from Romney Marsh.  

Real sheep are a Borg like collective hive intelligence plotting the overthrow and enslavement of mankind by fooling us into thinking they are stupid.  I’ve seen them ambling apparently aimlessly over the cliffs at Southerndown, but I’m onto them, or do you call it it if it’s a hive, nothing’s that stupid.  If you doubt me, just look into one’s eyes, it’s soulless black empty cold pitiless eyes, and be a fraid, be a very fraid. 

Sorry to hear they’re overworking you, Mr Sheepchap, so much for lockdown!  Nice B2; did you see that I’ve been seduced by a W4? ATB to all here, stay cool and hang loose, dudes, and never forget, um, what was it now...

Make like a pair of curtains, Johnster, and pull yourself together; you’re looking a bit drawn.

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Duddders.

You're quite right. Work is driven by the current restrictions. It does get slightly worse in that I should have been off next week and have been asked to work at least part of it.......

Morning Jonners. 

The Peckett now has a replacement handrail. A few blobs of primer before running some black over it and that should allow me to move on.

20201025_095052.jpg

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Don't forget, that if we little guys don't do our bit and "go the extra mile"at work, hundreds of #$$holes will be unable to go on record claiming to be self made millionaires.;)

Edited by MrWolf
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Now, in the interests of a warts and all approach.

This is how things can go the way of the pear. 

I work on the body separate to the chassis. 

An initial spray of Humbrol Matt acrylic varnish was carried out to act as a key and to deal with the gloss patches resulting from the removal of the Blue Circle signage. 

An here's  the result. It's clearly a tad chilly at Sheep Towers this morning and this has led to the varnish blooming on drying. The can was pre warmed in warm water and shaken well as per S.S.O.P ( Standard Sheep Operating Procedure). 

Irritating to say the least but demonstrating that things can go wrong. 

Now to fix it......

20201025_104416.jpg

20201025_104351.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
Phogot ffotos
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

And here's the result after a bit of attention with a stiff make up brush. 

Not ideal but not too bad and subsequent layers of powders should resolve the rest. 

Never say die. 

Rob. 

20201025_110253.jpg

20201025_110231.jpg

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Nope Rob, 

This is how it is. It will get a bit more frantic when I start with the powders but I do try and keep things clear. 

Right off to work. 

Rob. 

20201025_113613.jpg

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Penlan said:

Are they sheep trying to escape/enter through the spectacle plates?

Yes. 

Edited by NHY 581
Clarity and for the avoidance of doubt.
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1