• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

It's all about the beak with brachyrhynchos you know.

Thank you for that.

I fear I may have offered it too much bird seed. It will come back for my fish and chips next.

Edited by Captain Kernow
Baked beans.
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

I'm beginning to wonder if any of you has ever actually been to Horrocksford.

To my eternal detriment, no.......well not knowingly. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 17/02/2021 at 11:44, NHY 581 said:

The J15s are lovely runners out the box but both will have a period of running in. 

On the subject of weathering, I see 469, red coupling rods, as having a cared for appearance but retaining a slight air of grubyness about it. In the condition modelled by Hornby it should also have a GER stovepipe chimney, but I am loathe to try and replace it........

464 , late crest  will be more distressed.  

Rob

Just checked Yeadons. 464 is recorded as receiving its late crest in 1957 following overhaul. It might therefore be left unmolested and we overlook the fact that it was a Stratford loco from 1942 until withdrawn 20 years later......

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but there are three clear colour photos of 469 in 'J15 Remembered' by R H N Hardy et al. together with a good history of the class. Originally published in 2014 by Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway Society it might still be available new. I reckon that that description of it's condition is just about right - if anything it might even be a bit cleaner than that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 90rob said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but there are three clear colour photos of 469 in 'J15 Remembered' by R H N Hardy et al. together with a good history of the class. Originally published in 2014 by Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway Society it might still be available new. I reckon that that description of it's condition is just about right - if anything it might even be a bit cleaner than that...

Top tip. Copy researched, sourced and purchased.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 18/02/2021 at 11:20, Tim Dubya said:

FB_IMG_1613634925307.jpg

Anyone worried about getting their Slater's lettering spaced and lined up correctly can be reassured by this sign. It was, I imagine, cast on a sand tray mould. Slater's letters would be too uniform unless minutely distressed!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

Don't know where to chuck this, so you guys can have it.

Midford Goods in "full swing".

FB_IMG_1613738745228.jpg

Edit:  The S bucket is behind the telegraph pole ;)

Afternoon Tim. 

Good to see yer!

I've come across that image before. Its a great image and illustrates very well the appearance of a small ( very!) rural goods yard.  

Its also shows the positions of each element, loading gauge, yard crane etc, in relation to each other. 

Top stuff.

Rob. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

I have no modelling plans for the weekend.

Now that's not to say there will be no modelling, simply that there is nothing specific planned. 

I may commence stripping the existing finish from the timber station building.......

I may mock up Outwool on the dining table... Yes, actually plan rather than lobbing things straight onto the baseboard and nailing them down. 

I could continue with making a few bits and bobs for Outwool or Lambton. 

I might well attend to a few jobs on Bleat Wharf...

Or I might just play trains.........

Stay tuned. 

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I may mock up Outwool on the dining table... Yes, actually plan rather than lobbing things straight onto the baseboard and nailing them down.

Scarey....yesterdays creative pre-dinner activity - possible rural outpost of the S&D (using the two fiddleyards from my current "Dock Street replacement" project reversed)

50959962437_2cfe3462e8_z.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

I have no modelling plans for the weekend.

Now that's not to say there will be no modelling, simply that there is nothing specific planned. 

I may commence stripping the existing finish from the timber station building.......

I could continue with making a few bits and bobs for Outwool or Lambton. 

I might well attend to a few jobs on Bleat Wharf...

Or I might just play trains.........

Stay tuned. 

Rob. 

This little lot in itself looks like a plan to me. Well, the sort of plan I like to make, anyway. A good plan is always adaptable.

• Agree 4

Just now, Mick Bonwick said:

This little lot in itself looks like a plan to me. Well, the sort of plan I like to make, anyway. A good plan is always adaptable.

Argh well yes but a good plan also needs to be flexible enough to change particularly when first contact is made.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, gwrrob said:

Have you the code for that donor model please Rob.:read:

Stand by.