"It" refers to unfinished model railway projects, specifically station buildings and goods sheds.

Not sure that you will get domestic approval for Rob to come round and slosh on a big four colour scheme and then make it look like nobody has cleaned the place since World War Two. That's his signature style for both exterior and interior design....:D

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

A taster........full write up to follow. 

The calm before the storm. Paint largely finished. I need to add a thin black line to separate the brown and cream but need to leave the paint to harden off first. 

Next, I start the weathering. 

Rob. 

20210222_225221-02.jpeg

Nice work Rob - Different paint scheme and it could "pass" for Henstridge...

• RMweb Gold

Morning Chris. 

Yes. Its a bit rough and ready at present but the weathering should sort that out......ironically. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

"It" refers to unfinished model railway projects, specifically station buildings and goods sheds.

Not sure that you will get domestic approval for Rob to come round and slosh on a big four colour scheme and then make it look like nobody has cleaned the place since World War Two. That's his signature style for both exterior and interior design....:D

Thank you Mr Lupus I will now endeavour to engage with It. Wish me luck I may be some time.

However just one thing before I go.  You are assuming that the fading gentility of a nineteen fiftyish railway building is not the look we are looking for and forgetting the most important factor of cost. If young Mr Rob changes nineteen fiftish prices we will be only to happy. 

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's a big improvement to the roof, it's taken the contrast off the different shades of slate colour just enough.

Thanks Rob. 

A dusting of 'smoke' powder will generally level things off. 

Rob.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's a big improvement to the roof, it's taken the contrast off the different shades of slate colour just enough. It immediately reminded me of one of the stations that inspire my ramblings. This is Glasson Dock L&NWR, just before final closure. Does that roof colouring look familiar?

glasson-station1.jpg.gallery-e1574014621506.jpg.2588721e160d7d85217e2c882972f6be.jpg

Love the undergrowth. I've looked at images of that station before, when working on the trackwork for Sheep Dip. 

As for the roof, yep. Gentle variation is the order of the day.   

Rob. J

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

One of the original ideas that I had for Aston on Clun was based on a light railway typical of the others in the Shropshire area. Two things put me off though; a run down light railway in that part of the world isn't exactly news and how was I going to have track that overgrown and still have it work reliably?

8 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

And they probably would hang the washing out over the main line :D

Apparently the station staff at Mary Tavy (on the Devon/Cornwall. Border) were pulled up by a GW inspector who found rhey had converted the up platform into a chicken run.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Thank you for your comments, likes etc. Very much appreciated. 

The station is coming along. I will do a full write up in a bit. 

The next stage is that of the windows which will be weathered before being replaced. I do have some misgivings about the windows but will reserve judgement for now. 

A few notice boards will follow and that should really do it for now. The finer details such as fire buckets can go on when we are plonking buildings on to the layout. 

Looking ahead, next building will either  be the engine shed or signal box. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

20210224_203345-03.jpeg

One can just imagine a dark and dusty interior, festooned with cobwebs and grubby posters peeling off the walls.

I don't think I want to go inside those doors just at the moment, thanks, until someone finds me a torch.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That's a big improvement to the roof, it's taken the contrast off the different shades of slate colour just enough. It immediately reminded me of one of the stations that inspire my ramblings. This is Glasson Dock L&NWR, just before final closure. Does that roof colouring look familiar?

glasson-station1.jpg.gallery-e1574014621506.jpg.2588721e160d7d85217e2c882972f6be.jpg

Nice Ivatt... :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Am looking forward to seeing how you do the cobwebs as will be looking to replicate them in our newly refurbish lounge and bedroom that's when the decorator decides to turn up - keeps ringing us with updates on his current job, says he just got to do the windows and some other bits and bobs. I'm certain I've heard that somewhere before but for the life of me can't remember where.

Anyway looking good Rob.

Edited by Winslow Boy