• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

There's a distinct lack of modelling going on here.

Just in case anybody is feeling bereft, here's a thingy-whatsit:

IMG_3046_Cropped.JPG.a25f83f60d4f353c36c9bc41fc6b3e35.JPG

Morning Mick. 

That looks rather nice, I must say. Very subtle and, as always, is a pleasure to see posted here. 

As you know I hoped to progress my own project over the weekend. However, a knock may have been taken on that front......

On the back of the 16hr shift yesterday (8+8), I now have an additional 8hrs on Sunday afternoon/ evening  to attend to. 

Therefore 'me' time has been significantly compromised but in any event I shall have a go. I need the diversion from what is now clearly not the planned weekend off.......

8 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Now then Mick, there's rules about that sort of obscenity. Tut tut.

Morning Pencarrot Minor. 

Lovely to see you popping up. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

I hated doing ghosters.. went to work at 7am on a Monday... got home at tea time on Wednesday..pesky unclear physisists kept braking things..

Hope they let you have a bit of catch up time out.

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

I hated doing ghosters.. went to work at 7am on a Monday... got home at tea time on Wednesday..pesky unclear physisists kept braking things..

Hope they let you have a bit of catch up time out.

Baz

I'm with you on that one. It's all rather annoying when the boffins do half a job leaving the rest of us to clear up their messes involving things that can or will go bang if left unattended.

Damned inconsiderate if you ask me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

So, despite all the helpful suggestions, advice and downright straightforward instructions that Grayson would be proud of,  you have not actually purchased anything from the poor, impoverished, save-us-from-the-knackers-yard-please model shop you alleged you would be visiting.

Surely this sort of behaviour, raising the expectations of your many and varied readers, comes under the auspices of police harassment?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

So, despite all the helpful suggestions, advice and downright straightforward instructions that Grayson would be proud of,  you have not actually purchased anything from the poor, impoverished, save-us-from-the-knackers-yard-please model shop you alleged you would be visiting.

Surely this sort of behaviour, raising the expectations of your many and varied readers, comes under the auspices of police harassment?

Well......ewe say that..........worst case scenario would have been the purchase of a non-essential item which would have led to the probable requirement for a by then essential layout for it/them to play on. 

And I have enough trouble containing myself as it is........

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
First attempt was tripe.
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

of your many and varied readers.......

Can I just say, by the way, how nice it is to have many and varied readers. 

Thank you. 

Rob. 

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

There's a distinct lack of modelling going on here.

Just in case anybody is feeling bereft, here's a thingy-whatsit:

IMG_3046_Cropped.JPG.a25f83f60d4f353c36c9bc41fc6b3e35.JPG

Very nice, MIck.

Looks to be 7mm?

Any more info anywhere about this one, please?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Very nice, MIck.

Looks to be 7mm?

Thank you, my Captain.

Can't tell you very much about it, other than to confirm that it is, indeed, 7mm. I offered to weather something for a participant at a Missenden weekend and this is what he asked me to do. I know that it is kit built and it was to be presented in a slightly grubby state, but nothing more. I can ask the owner for more details, if you wish.

Aplogies to Rob for not including any references to sheep in this post.

Oh!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Apologies to Rob for not including any references to sheep in this post.

Oh!

Morning Mick. 

Please, theres no need to apologise. It's fine, honest. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Very nice, MIck.

Looks to be 7mm?

Pencarrot is our Pannier guru....He'll no doubt be along shortly to provide an expert analysis. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, MrWolf said:

lakespart1_kd_010.jpg

Many thanks for this photo, it clearly shows that Sheep are not thin like the Merit/Peco whatever models are.
The nearest I've found that have at least the right 'ish shape are the Hornby one's,
but they are all looking ahead, to the right with the right front foot forward.
What I have been searching for is grazing sheep, I did buy some white metal ones about 6 - 7 years ago,

but I cant track down the trader or find any through Google images searches.
None I've bought recently have been what I'm seeking.
Right back to normality.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Penlan said:

But surely that remark in itself is a reference to...............

I can see what you're doing here..........

file-20200330-173620-1q1nz5d-01-01.jpeg

• Like 8

I have one area that has sheep grazing etc., already,

but there's another area at the other end of the layout that would benefit from some grazing sheep too.
The sun shines on the righteous :jester:

Blessed Sheep #2.jpg

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 11

Pay attention, makers of model sheep. These animals only spend 2% of their existence trying to face down motor vehicles, 15% avoiding a breed of dog that variously likes to dress up as a Panda / Badger and the rest of the time, head down, filling its face. On the point of being skinny, this is only apparent for about two weeks of the year after shearing.

See real world equivalent of Penlan's photo below. 

030008a7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

It is with some degree of regret I would advise that planned trip to train shop did not take place. 

With some thirty minutes left to go before my shift ended, I was advised that a further eight hours of my time was sought.

Therefore, I have just returned home after a further nine hours......... 

I thank you. 

Rob 

Look on the bright side, it'll give you more time to consider what else to add to the list !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Pencarrot is our Pannier guru....He'll no doubt be along shortly to provide an expert analysis. 

Ha !

• RMweb Gold

Work on the Peckett has commenced. 

As per Mick's write up on his series of blog entries detailing his weathering of the same B2, I found a lot of grease about the place. 

First job is to clean out the migrated grease to prevent issues later on. 

I used a Wooden improvised light lubricant intrusive excavating system ( cocktail stick) or W.I.L.L.I.E.S for short to remove the grease. I then mopped up using a cotton bud. 

Rob. 

20201024_123016-01.jpeg

20201024_124259-01.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
Spacing damn you!
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

My dearest Lockhart.

I appear to have been somewhat remiss of late, in contacting your good self with a view to arranging a convivial evening at my club.

My man advises me that you are still gainfully employed, despite the onset of ones' twilight years.

As you are no doubt aware, one Lancelot Brown Esq has been remodelling the estate grounds during recent weeks, and, I am happy to report his endeavours have proved more than satisfactory, especially in the eyes of the memsahib.

Further contractors are due shortly to attend to deficiencies that have developed about our pile over recent years.

Feel free to make contact, at your convenience, by means of Graham-Bell's new fangled communicative device.

I remain sir, your most obedient servant.

Lord Brett St.Clair Bt.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

From my extensive Pannier knowledge I would guess it's a GWR 1901 class. The kit is possibly by ABS Zero Zephyr.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, br2975 said:

My dearest Lockhart.

I appear to have been somewhat remiss of late, in contacting your good self with a view to arranging a convivial evening at my club.

My man advises me that you are still gainfully employed, despite the onset of ones' twilight years.

As you are no doubt aware, one Lancelot Brown Esq has been remodelling the estate grounds during recent weeks, and, I am happy to report his endeavours have proved more than satisfactory, especially in the eyes of the memsahib.

Further contractors are due shortly to attend to deficiencies that have developed about our pile over recent years.

Feel free to make contact, at your convenience, by means of Graham-Bell's new fangled communicative device.

I remain sir, your most obedient servant.

Lord Brett St.Clair Bt.

Mange Tout, Rollers Major. 

Good to hear from you. I am tinkering away, quietly. I shall look forward to a sherry or four in due course, once the contretemps surrounding the current lurgi has subsided to allow a meeting with beer to be conducted. 

Sheepbloke. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

From my extensive Pannier knowledge I would guess it's a GWR 1901 class. The kit is possibly by ABS Zero Zephyr.

I knew you wouldn't let me down. You know everything about Panniers. You're so good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1