I've been glancing back through your thread to get some ideas how to wire my Ikea shelf, I missed a trick and have attached the backscene first without thinking about using the holes at the back Doh! What I wanted to know was are your layouts wired for DCC, with every bit of track being live? 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, sb67 said:

I've been glancing back through your thread to get some ideas how to wire my Ikea shelf, I missed a trick and have attached the backscene first without thinking about using the holes at the back Doh! What I wanted to know was are your layouts wired for DCC, with every bit of track being live? 

What's DCC? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, sb67 said:

25 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

What's DCC? 

Steve,

This is a view of the back of Bleat Wharf. The wiring is the same for both Mutton and Sheep Dip. 

To the left is the feed to the 'kickback' siding. 

To the right is the main feed to the layout. 

Thats it. Two wires. DC. 

Rob. 

post-14122-0-29632900-1532066849_thumb.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, sb67 said:

Ta Rob, nice and simple. I like that. 

It needs to be Steve. 

Many have tried to improve my knowledge of electrickery. All have failed in their valiant attempts. 

Rob. 

photo-1484557985045-edf25e08da73.jpeg-01.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

In a nutshell, DCC gives you better control over accessories:

IMG_1950.JPG.e5be678500137ae36927d91b89b607ad.JPG

And simpler wiring:

P1000882.JPG.c030a3d0955ef62c24c1aab031ca469c.JPG

That reminds me, Spaghetti for lunch......yum. 

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
On 03/11/2020 at 11:55, NHY 581 said:

Morning Al.

Thank you. Kind of you to say so. I really enjoyed writing the article and I hope it conveys not only my approach to Dippy but my modelling in general. 

I'm really pleased. 

Rob. 

I’m not a magazine buyer or subscriber, I didn’t even know this forum was allayed to a magazine until recently after signing up 3 years ago! I just looked for a model railway forum this one looked like it had the most posts a day that was that. But your quoted text here has led me to part with twenty quid for a years subscription and very pleased I am too. Lovely photos (as always) and nicely written about both layouts.

when I do buy a magazine Railway Modeller or Model Rail occasionally (that’s all that’s on the shelf locally) I do find myself wishing I could pinch and zoom the photos glasses are not enough for me at times well now I can great! + added photos not in the mag. What’s not to like. Well apart from its nice to feel it in your hands and get away from the screen I suppose.

Nice 1 Rob.

Cheers

Ade

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Module00 said:

Amazing pictures ! :wub:

Morning Modders.

Thats kind of you to say so and welcome..

11 minutes ago, Module00 said:

Hello, 

the electrical and electronic part of the layout  seems really well done. it’s really great. :)

Hang on.........Are you looking at the same layout ? :huh:

It really is more luck than judgement that anything moves. Honest, Guv. :blink: :O

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Evening all. 

Last image for today. A cropped version of one of the shots posted elsewhere.....

Rob. 

20201108_081350-02-01-01.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6