• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, durham light infantry said:

Thanks, it's all set up in my man cave and 5 or 10 minutes play after a hard days work is very therapeutic. A good canvas for photos and planning future builds too.

20200705_170709.jpg.2f18190848146e09e0f7695dd85e5307.jpg20200705_170818.jpg.5a1c64b5e9e31e81d553d75d7b404f97.jpg20200416_203421.jpg.498fd718d16bcd1dfbb186ff6e680397.jpg20200911_155907.jpg.8e5aaf6e3a493fbe17f5bd0876409542.jpg

2090 looks good.

• NHY 581 changed the title to The Sheep Chronicles : Chapter 5: Outwool. The Sheep goes East. These are the continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart, connoisseur of traditional British breakfasts and fine cream teas.

Rob,

I’ve just been looking on a thread by Norton Wood.  He has just commented that Dave Eveleigh supplies kits of GER 4 and 6 wheel vehicles plus the W&U tramcars. Just a thought if you fancy winding the clock back at Outwool?

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Are you still struggling with how to go off scene Rob?  Here's an idea.  You just need something to distract the eye.  Apologies for the crude mock up.  I'm sure you'd make a better job of it.

exit.jpg.515666d198e421fea55f8a1fde8516be.jpg

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

Rob,

I’ve just been looking on a thread by Norton Wood.  He has just commented that Dave Eveleigh supplies kits of GER 4 and 6 wheel vehicles plus the W&U tramcars. Just a thought if you fancy winding the clock back at Outwool?

Paul

Thats the fella..Couldn't remember the name. Pretty certain Dave has done test etches of the 4whl and bogie and as you say they are now up for grabs. 

However, I am sticking with the late 40s/early 50s and a goods only operation, simply on the basis of economy. With the exception of the J70s, I have everything else in stock as it were. ( Setting aside the 04) 

But thanks for the reminder though. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all. 

A couple of developments. 

The Hornby R9777 Weighbridge has arrived from Jaynes Trains. Smashing service and they have two more if anyone fancies one for themselves. 

In contrast, the J70 has gone back. Much running in still left the little chap with a slight waggle in one direction.  The bit that caused me to return it was the way it came to a halt. Slowly decelerating to a crawl and then STOP.  Very abrupt and it was that last turn of the wheel that was missing. Bizarrely, it would start off from an almost imperceptible crawl accelerate smoothly.....until it waggled. 

I therefore await a replacement from Kernow. 

Never mind. 

• Friendly/supportive 16

it took me a fair few weeks but I have enjoyed reading your story so far. The sections on weathering have been very informative.

I'm looking forward to the east anglain instalment. Jaynes Trains is my local and possibly the only model shop now in South London; great to hear their customers are far and wide.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Multigauge said:

it took me a fair few weeks but I have enjoyed reading your story so far. The sections on weathering have been very informative.

I'm looking forward to the east anglain instalment. Jaynes Trains is my local and possibly the only model shop now in South London; great to hear their customers are far and wide.

Morning MG. 

Welcome and hats off to your stoic determination in ploughing through these ramblings. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it and have found something of use along the way. 

I've used Jaynes Trains a few times and I have no hesitation in recommending them to others. Lovely to deal with and very good service. 

Regarding East Anglia, I think I am just about there for buildings for Outwool. I have certainly three in mind, possibly a fourth. I might dot them about later and see how they look. 

Rob. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

It appears therefore that they are staying and  that I am dabbling in 7mm......

Given what you normally achieve in 4mm, I would love to see what the extra scope of 7mm gives you and the results you will produce.

Al.

• Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

However  an exchange with Spams of the parish and a prompt from him, led to me taking the weathering powders to the Minerva open. 

Well, I think that this is a prime example of Spam being good for you. :good_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

YEY !!! 

For once I would agree with Spammerz :lol:

I think if the above image is anything to go by Rob then you will be most able to produce some excellent 7mm work too !

G

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Sell the great wander round loco and get a small LNER type loco then you could have a small O gauge layout  set in the Lincolnshire Wolds?  Then you can have a proper Lincoln  longwool...

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Set it somewhere around Stickney / Barney / Eastville or other obscure Flatbilly territory. 

Longwool Drove or Longwool Drain.

Yes, I can say Flatbilly without fear of being taken to task. Dad's family were farmers from the Ancaster area. ;)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

That 5-plank wagon is so very nicely weathered, and that cutting mat is so very nice and clean, that I think you deserve some applause. It's a great shame that you cannot hear it.

I suspect Rob might, like me, keep an extra cutting mat for purely photographic purposes. :)

John

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1