WHOOPS! Must pay attention !

100 lines in progress......  Do not post without checking

Do not post without checking..........ETC

• RMweb Premium
Just now, NHY 581 said:

Finally, I'm pretty certain I've posted this recently..........but what the heck..

20210531_064307-02.jpeg.7ab6c7c4bd8b1ea039c4eee1d0d47b5a.jpeg

I thank you...

Now that's an interesting composition right there. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

And a final few more in monochrome. As above, all repeated images but.............

20200816_130308-02-02-01.jpeg.93edb883e2634227094a78ccc8d9534a.jpeg

That's a superb rendition of an early misty morning Rob, can almost feel the damp and chill....lovely stuff!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Re6/6 said:

A late friend of mine used to drink Pernod and Marmite. The pub in Putney used to keep the Marmite for him under the counter. He also used to drink gin and light ale.

He was a lovely Irish eccentric.:D

"That's so eccentric, the pivot point was outside the circumference."

Bit of geometric humour for you there ...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

20 hours ago, Re6/6 said:

He was a lovely Irish eccentric.:D

I totally misread that as a "lovely Irish Setter" ... :laugh_mini2:

To be honest, that makes more sense as an explanation of Marmite in an alcoholic beverage!

HOURS OF FUN!

• Funny 3

He had an extra Belly buster breakfast from a greasy spoon at the side of the A68.

They are a big dog with a lot of fur tbh.

Here he is "on point" looking out for stray pheasants or those pesky Stukas...

0300094c.jpg.ee0ae29d7268776993c1c3c1a16fffe3.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
Picture no attach!
  • Like 14

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

He had an extra Belly buster breakfast from a greasy spoon at the side of the A68.

He is  beautiful. Is he yours or were you 'borrowing' him? Whichever it was you are very fortunate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Now, this photo shows him off as a very handsome boy!

My aunt and uncle bred pedigree Scottie dogs for many years, but in the early days gave my grandfather one of the pups after his Westie had passed away, as my aunt said that she could tell "Scot" (as he got named) was too big to sell, show or breed from. He grew to be nearly double the size of an 'average' Scottie, and also loved cooked sausages as a treat.

My very posh great aunt Joan (who attended a Swiss 'Finishing' school as a teenager, no less) once shocked an entire Northern pub into silence when she decided to (loudly) comment upon Scot's size and weight; in a cut-glass English accent, she suddenly announced, "Bob - that dog of yours is overweight and needs to go on a diet - his p*n*s drags on the floor when he walks!"

To get things back on topic(ish), my great uncle Stanley started his career (before WW2) working as a signalman for the railways...

Steve S

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

He is  beautiful. Is he yours or were you 'borrowing' him? Whichever it was you are very fortunate.

Only borrowed unfortunately. The most often seen is the Irish (red) Setter, followed by the English (red and white.) The Scottish / Gordon Setter (black and tan) is quite a rare sight now. It's probably because they all take a fair bit of training and aren't a fashion accessory. I have always preferred them over Labs and Spaniels as gun dogs, plus they don't tend to have the problems of being over bred.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Only borrowed unfortunately. The most often seen is the Irish (red) Setter, followed by the English (red and white.) The Scottish / Gordon Setter (black and tan) is quite a rare sight now. It's probably because they all take a fair bit of training and aren't a fashion accessory. I have always preferred them over Labs and Spaniels as gun dogs, plus they don't tend to have the problems of being over bred.

There used to be a lovely red setter who used to go for walks in our local park.  She was a beautiful animal with a marvelous character but a bit flighty.

The owners went to considerable effort to train her and to make certain she got plenty of exercise. Her name was Ivy shortened from Poison Ivy (Batman & Robin).

They also had an Irish setter as well but unfortunately had to give her up.

Ivy got along with my Ziggy famously. Unfortunately she got cancer and passed away several years ago. The owner didn't want another because they also had children.

The emotional investment in any animal is worth it but it does come at a cost.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

My mates's girlfriend had a red setter and a morgan 4+4.  ith my girlfriend we often went out as a fivesome including the red setter which as is their want would dive into any water it found . Back in the car it would dry itself on my lap. I did like the dog but it could be a pain.

Don

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 16/06/2021 at 18:06, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

The Terriers have caused a bit of concern. 

Very smooth, very quiet...............but both halt abruptly. Similar to but not as bad as the Peckett. 

Now I'm more willing to tinker with the Terriers. 

Both chassis roll freely with the motor disengaged. No apparent resistance. I therefore work on the basis that it must be the motor.

I have therefore sourced four replacement Hornby motors locally. At £4.13 each*, why not? 

I'll run each one  and work out which turns over at lowest voltage and take it from there..........

* Elsewhere they are £9.99 ea.......plus postage. 

Updates to follow. 

Rob

Morning all. 

By way of an update, Bembridge was the subject of surgery yesterday evening. 

The four motors were all checked before hand. Two of the four were considered better than the others and deemed fit to be exchanged with those in both Bembridge and Cowes. 

There was an immediate improvement in the start stopping which perhaps supports my similar position with the B2 Peckett in that the motors fitted to those examples were also dodgy. 

The 'two from four' situation also suggests a mixed bag landing with Hornby and tge replacements are a bit of a lottery. One of the spares, purchased factory sealed etc also had solder on the terminals. This was one of the two rejected btw. These two will be exchanged with the shop as per their offer should any be not up to scratch. 

What then manifested itself was a reluctance for Bembridge to run in reverse through the cross over on Bleat. 

I've noticed that Bembridge had a much stiffer wheelset on the geared axle than Cowes, which was subsequently unboxed and tried. 

Cowes went through fine. I then swapped the wheelsets and Bembridge now went through whereas Cowes no longer did. 

Looking at the respective axles and brass bearings, the Cowes original axle's bearings slid in a far smoother manner than those of Bembridge. A drop of oil made no difference and I see no obvious imperfections. 

I shall therefore order a replacement set of wheels. 

But we are getting there.......on which basis I should have a better idea when I get the next one.....

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12