• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

which I suppose demonstrates my vehement disdain for the ridiculously pointless display ... I digress, and go even more OT ... 

ah the Trombone, part instrument, part offensive weapon ;) ( ask the woodwind section :girldevil:) Happy days in various bands and orchestras ;) 

I agree though I watched the clip and thought so when are you going to do the good bit and play?!? 

To get back on track, a proper Signalman’s breakfast this morning rustled up by the MOM

91D1EC07-97C5-457D-84F0-60C1D6F3C2F5.jpeg.284cf696575785d6b0ca2e8fb1d5b34a.jpeg

No sheep were harmed in the production, but several pigs. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 5
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

ah the Trombone, part instrument, part offensive weapon ;) ( ask the woodwind section :girldevil:) Happy days in various bands and orchestras ;) 

I agree though I watched the clip and thought so when are you going to do the good bit and play?!? 

To get back on track, a proper Signalman’s breakfast this morning rustled up by the MOM

Coo! You have just convinced me to go and cook lunch! I think I can summon bacon, eggs and mushrooms on toast. I do have baked beans, but post-Brexit I fear they are an endangered species here, so I am very sparing in their use. 

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Coo! You have just convinced me to go and cook lunch! I think I can summon bacon, eggs and mushrooms on toast. I do have baked beans, but post-Brexit I fear they are an endangered species here, so I am very sparing in their use. 

Sounds like we need to recommission some coastal batteries so we can deploy emergency packages to France as required  :) 

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

No Worcestershire sauce?

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

No Worcestershire sauce?

This is the Southern Region Signalbox you know? Can’t have GWR sauce at work , there’s professional standards to uphold on the Down side ;)  The GWR kept their secret sauces on the Up side! ;) 
Welcome to the dark side! ;) 

• Like 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, St Enodoc said:

I had to look him up, but yes!

Do have a listen too.

As well as him playing Tenor, Manzelo and Strich. His flute playing is good too

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Needs a DC3 to do a Berlin air resupply jobbie.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

It's not some kind of British bean embargo is it? I remember when the French were turning back lorries containing British beef. Some wit said that the best way to get around it was to dress up our cattle as German soldiers...:diablo_mini:

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

It's not some kind of British bean embargo is it? :diablo_mini:

No. It is simply that in times past Sherry would arrive from the UK in a car laden down with baked beans and tea bags. We suspect that will no longer be allowed. Going back she would take wine etc. We suspect that will be just fine within the sort of amount she wants to have at home. 

My Scots cleaner Alison, who is an arch-greenie with a yen to run a market garden, has been used to ordering seeds from the UK, because French ones are both pricey and unreliable. No longer permissible. 

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
On 07/06/2021 at 02:25, MrWolf said:

A while back I posted some pictures of long abandoned stations in Leicestershire. If you fancied a trip to a little known and surprisingly rural part of the Midlands, then perhaps a fictitious former LNWR (Ex Ashby & Nuneaton Joint Railway.) goods branch to here....?

"Sheepy - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheepy

Sheepy Parva and Magna are only a few miles down the road from Spam Towers. I always think that the Black Horse pub should be the Black Sheep...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Ahem. 

I have another P on the way. 

I thank you. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

It's an age thing, Rob.

On a positive, at least I know its on the way....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/06/2021 at 10:56, PaulRhB said:

I just felt this picture should not be lost as the thread progresses....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Can we please move this thread on to another page? Each time I open it with this photo at the top, I feel my resolve weakening!

You’ve created a problem there, Captain!  The image is now at both the top and bottom of the page!!!!! :jester:

Paul

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

You’ve created a problem there, Captain!  The image is now at both the top and bottom of the page!!!!! :jester:

Paul

at the moment......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all. 

Prompted by the good Captain's  response..............

Please note that in addition to being the 80th Anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour, the 7th December 2021 is also British  National Fry Up Day. 

To that end, please view this as advance notice of a requirement to post images of fry ups prepared/ consumed  by contributors to this thread. 

As the 7th falls on a Tuesday there are a number of options available. 

We can either treat the preceding Saturday/ Sunday as the day in question or in fact the following Saturday/Sunday as the alternative. Or we can go for the day itself. 

Those fry ups purchased at cafes, pubs  and roadside caravans on the day decided will be acceptable as will veggie alternatives however please avoid such pretenders as eggs benedict and anything presented on a muffin. Such offerings will be considered 'finescale' and therefore outside the scope of the thread. 

Breakfast rolls  would be fine,  the more 'loaded' the better and would fall within the 'industrial' category. 

Toast should only be presented in support of said fry up. Fried bread will of course be acceptable. 

Any breakfast consisting solely  of toast supported by marmalade or jam will be the subject of ridicule. 

Please do not exclude sauces such as ketchup or brown sauce. The inclusion of mustard to support the sausages will be applauded as will any breakfast which incudes half pint or pint measures of beer lager and cider. Any pallet cleansers such as whisky, brandy, gin or vodka will be deemed excessive. 

No prizes but please treat as an opportunity  for members to post images of said fry ups, compare notes. 

Videos of demonstrations welcomed. 

Rob

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 7