• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

*cough* (museli)

*cough* *cough* (granola) :diablo_mini:

I expected better of you in particular, Ramblers. 

Very poor. 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

I expected better of you in particular, Ramblers. 

Very poor. 

I might stretch to a Bacon sandwich. Maybe scrambled egg too? A full fry up just renders me semi comatose & no use to anyone...

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

December?

Who the he'll is planning food for December ?

I dunno, a turkey, some potatoes, brocolli, sprouts, more potatoes, honey roast parsnips, more potatoes, stuffing, gravy and lashings of cranberry sauce.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

As my last fry up was at Wells ( remember that one Rob ? ) and the Bladder of Gaul had thankfully been ripped out this thread is extremely tempting my morning palette again !

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

I might stretch to a Bacon sandwich. Maybe scrambled egg too? A full fry up just renders me semi comatose & no use to anyone...

Sounds like me at breakfast. You would think after 48 years she would have accepted that getting sense out of me before brekfast is a lost cause.

Don

• Funny 3

As December 7 is a Tuesday, I will have to try for a fry up in a bread roll and large mug of tea from the van next to Ribblehead viaduct. 

Even lapsed vegetarian the memsahib likes a fry up, trouble is if we have one, she eats about half, feels guilty and tries to get me to eat the rest.

Then I can't move for about three days.

It causes that boxing Day feeling where the only thing you can do is lounge around mumbling "Obfff..."

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

December?

Who the he'll is planning food for December ?

9 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I dunno, a turkey, some potatoes, brocolli, sprouts, more potatoes, honey roast parsnips, more potatoes, stuffing, gravy and lashings of cranberry sauce.

For breakfast on 7th of December? It is a bit early to book a Tesco delivery for December

Don

• Funny 4

1 hour ago, Donw said:

For breakfast on 7th of December? It is a bit early to book a Tesco delivery for December

Don

Habit, eldest always worked on Christmas day so we do it early.

But he's now got a sensible 9-5 job so maybe this year I have to feed him though I suspect he will be off to his future in laws who know how to party.

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

Prompted by the good Captain's  response..............

Please note that in addition to being the 80th Anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour, the 7th December 2021 is also British  National Fry Up Day. 

To that end, please view this as advance notice of a requirement to post images of fry ups prepared/ consumed  by contributors to this thread. 

As the 7th falls on a Tuesday there are a number of options available. 

We can either treat the preceding Saturday/ Sunday as the day in question or in fact the following Saturday/Sunday as the alternative. Or we can go for the day itself. 

Those fry ups purchased at cafes, pubs  and roadside caravans on the day decided will be acceptable as will veggie alternatives however please avoid such pretenders as eggs benedict and anything presented on a muffin. Such offerings will be considered 'finescale' and therefore outside the scope of the thread. 

Breakfast rolls  would be fine,  the more 'loaded' the better and would fall within the 'industrial' category. 

Toast should only be presented in support of said fry up. Fried bread will of course be acceptable. 

Any breakfast consisting solely  of toast supported by marmalade or jam will be the subject of ridicule. 

Please do not exclude sauces such as ketchup or brown sauce. The inclusion of mustard to support the sausages will be applauded as will any breakfast which incudes half pint or pint measures of beer lager and cider. Any pallet cleansers such as whisky, brandy, gin or vodka will be deemed excessive. 

No prizes but please treat as an opportunity  for members to post images of said fry ups, compare notes. 

Videos of demonstrations welcomed. 

Rob

Masterful...

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Best roadside fry up that I consumed, was on an industrial estate in Stratford-upon-Avon, The full English in an 18 inch long torpedo roll, it got a bit messy with the beans trying to escape. During my time up there I used to get one when I had the early start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Best roadside fry up that I consumed, was on an industrial estate in Stratford-upon-Avon, The full English in an 18 inch long torpedo roll, it got a bit messy with the beans trying to escape. During my time up there I used to get one when I had the early start.

"up there" ?  Everyone knows that "up there" starts at York ,

Although our views have changed recently with Grandson at Edinboro Uni. To him "up north" seems to start at Ross.  Mind he has bought himself a pair of Tartan Trews.   He likely to become further confused since his current GF comes from Cornwall!

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, DonB said:

"up there" ?  Everyone knows that "up there" starts at York ,

Although our views have changed recently with Grandson at Edinboro Uni. To him "up north" seems to start at Ross.  Mind he has bought himself a pair of Tartan Trews.   He likely to become further confused since his current GF comes from Cornwall!

"Up there" starts at Bodmin...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

please avoid such pretenders as eggs benedict and anything presented on a muffin. Such offerings will be considered 'finescale' and therefore outside the scope of the thread. 

Any breakfast consisting solely  of toast supported by marmalade or jam will be the subject of ridicule. 

I'm doomed, then!

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Known to be the downfall of many a vegetarian, but one of the band members in my late father's band was Jewish and loved a bacon butty, to the extent that he used to buy one every time he had his record stall on the market. He'd also succumb at home - my dad called on him once to find all his house windows open and him flapping a tea towel at the open back door, attempting to remove all offlactory evidence of his 'transgression' before his wife got home!

Steve S

HOURS OF ... OH NO, NOW I WANT A BACON BUTTY!!  :sarcastic:

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

With GS in Edinboro wearing his T- shirt  (logo-- "there's a 90% chance I'm hungry" ) I must remember to ask if Bacon butties are available north of the border, or perhaps he will have to indulge in a Haggis Cob?  Does such a thing exist?  

1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Known to be the downfall of many a vegetarian, but one of the band members in my late father's band was Jewish and loved a bacon butty, to the extent that he used to buy one every time he had his record stall on the market. He'd also succumb at home - my dad called on him once to find all his house windows open and him flapping a tea towel at the open back door, attempting to remove all offlactory evidence of his 'transgression' before his wife got home!

Steve S

HOURS OF ... OH NO, NOW I WANT A BACON BUTTY!!  :sarcastic:

When I worked with my father as butchers we had a Jewish couple as occasional customers.  They would phone in a wee order then collect at a very quiet time!  They loved the crackling on belly pork!

Roja

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The one good thing about divorce for me is....no longer having  a plateful of fried tomatoes with my fry-ups.....?

{ Whenever out with family, having a Morrisons fry up or some such, none of the other family members liked fried tomatoes....so Dad used to get the lot passed over!}

Dearest  Daughter was disappointed, age 9, when the jumbo sausages she'd ordered appeared.....She was expecting to sample a new culinary delight...

Her idea of a diet was to ask for  a ''99, but without the flake''...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

In my carnivourous day I remember cooking venison sausages on a open fire in the new forest.  Poke a stick through the suasage and hold over a hot bit. My friend thought his just about ready brought back to check and his GFs dog decided it was quite ready for him and it was gone

Don

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Sorry for being boring, and dragging us unto the subject of modelling but I have a questions about how you prepare the shelves for track, cork, etc.  I've had a look at the shelves in our local Swedish enclave and wondered abou the following:

1.  do you require to gently sand off the sheen so as to allow adhesives to grip the surface; and

2.  what glue did you find most effective for fixing cork, track, scenics?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom offered.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1