>>>The newish Ratio 'box is rather nice and a sort of 'in between' size as far as the lever frame is concerned being right for around 21-23 levers....

It's difficult to tell exactly, but from what I have seen of the publicity pictures for the new Ratio SB interior kit, definitely not a GWR example :-( Do not forget also that the frame type for a ground-level box would usually be slightly different from that of a platform-level or 2-storey box.

• RMweb Gold

>>>The newish Ratio 'box is rather nice and a sort of 'in between' size as far as the lever frame is concerned being right for around 21-23 levers....

It's difficult to tell exactly, but from what I have seen of the publicity pictures for the new Ratio SB interior kit, definitely not a GWR example :-( Do not forget also that the frame type for a ground-level box would usually be slightly different from that of a platform-level or 2-storey box.

The best kit for a GWR signalbox interior is the Springside kit - almost everything in it is correct, from the treadplates and levers to the cupboards but the block instruments area bit on the 'representative side, actually quite a lot on the representative side.

• RMweb Gold

The best kit for a GWR signalbox interior is the Springside kit - almost everything in it is correct, from the treadplates and levers to the cupboards but the block instruments area bit on the 'representative side, actually quite a lot on the representative side.

True, Mike, but scratchbuilding your own interior isn't that hard, if you're comfortable playing around with various bits of plasticard for an hour or so...

Stanley 1 Livingstone 0

Q

Wolverhampton Wanderers

• RMweb Premium

I'd agree with that Mike, and there's no kettle, fridge or microwave either

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

When were 'Microwaves' invented the Spams (the well known machine for cooking cats, not the actual science things that waft in space)?

P

Microwaves were invented well before ex GWR signal boxes stopped being used by signal persons.

• RMweb Gold

Ps, having two ANtB threads is very confusing. I might press the Report button and get a Mod to merge them back. ;-p

There is only one ANTB............and this isnt it. No need to get confused.

The original is a fine account of lovely modelling and this isnt.

I pop out to ,work and the thread turns into some kind of weird cooker review. Come on. We are talking about kettles here, of the Swindon variety. Pay attention you lot.

Now back to the matter in hand. I am going with the Ratio signal box which will be platform mounted. I am still working on the station building.

I think i have more or less got everything for this layout in terms of stock and buildings so i should be making a start pretty soon on the base boards which will be from 9mm ply and other bits and bobs.

I am also finalising-the background to the Shallowford branch and will post it up in a bit.

Stay tuned.

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Rob.You must be doing something right with seven pages and 15 followers after a week of starting this thread.At least you're starting from scratch, mine was 80% finished before RMweb came along to distract me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have Toad......In bauxite...which I intend to use as the beach brake van. Would this be okay or would an unfitted example be more in keeping.

Also, in a mixed train would we see a coach wagon and toad formation....u you get my drift..

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, just before I go, does this layout have to be in Cornwall? I ask as the Yelverton idea would be a lovely place, with two branches and lots of interesting features with the occasional excuse to run 'excursions'. Even has a cutting and tunnel.

post-2326-0-02662100-1421313219.jpg

post-2326-0-33193000-1421313237.jpg

Bye.

P

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Flying south for the winter Ducky ?

I hope not, they do unspeakable things to Ducks in Brighton.

Rob

• Like 1