• RMweb Gold
On 05/02/2021 at 23:38, NHY 581 said:

Another Pug view. 

20210205_232105-01.jpeg

Lovely to see the Pug in action Rob.  

If you get a good running one they do perform nicely. 

Going to be great seeing your take on it along  with your wonderful weathering. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, 46444 said:

Lovely to see the Pug in action Rob.  

If you get a good running one they do perform nicely. 

Going to be great seeing your take on it along  with your wonderful weathering. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

Morning Mark. 

Its nice to have it running after all this time and to a standard that I would risk at an exhibition. There is a slight growl when running in reverse but then it is a Pug after all. 

It now justifies a bit of extra tweaking. As I've said, I already have the lovely chimney and whistle  from Wizard. I found the mainly trains etch for the windows. However, I want to get my moneys worth out of the postage. Therefore more research needed with Wizard to see what else is of interest. 

One thing I really would like to sort out are the lubricators on the smoke box. The moulded blobs detract somewhat. I shall see if there is something available or have a go at cobbling something up....but I won't remove the old ones just yet. The alternative is some 'tactical painting'...........highlighting just enough to make things stand out a bit. 

If it all comes together then as I say it will be available to travel to exhibitions, remember them? 

The roster could read:

Ex- L&Y 0F

Ex-Midland 1P

Ex-Midland 1F

Ex-LM&SR   3F

Ex-Midland 3F {tender}

Ex-Midland 4F

All are known to have frequented the S&DJR with the exception of the 1F though I think one have been around Bath Green Park in the 20s or thirties. I could be making that up of course but.......

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Peckett. 

20210205_220700-01-01.jpeg

Don't you talk to me like that. You have been told before about using offensive language like that. If you carry on like that you'll be sent to the pen and you know what that will mean.

Nice piccy by the way.

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Mark. 

Its nice to have it running after all this time and to a standard that I would risk at an exhibition. There is a slight growl when running in reverse but then it is a Pug after all. 

It now justifies a bit of extra tweaking. As I've said, I already have the lovely chimney and whistle  from Wizard. I found the mainly trains etch for the windows. However, I want to get my moneys worth out of the postage. Therefore more research needed with Wizard to see what else is of interest. 

One thing I really would like to sort out are the lubricators on the smoke box. The moulded blobs detract somewhat. I shall see if there is something available or have a go at cobbling something up....but I won't remove the old ones just yet. The alternative is some 'tactical painting'...........highlighting just enough to make things stand out a bit. 

If it all comes together then as I say it will be available to travel to exhibitions, remember them? 

The roster could read:

Ex- L&Y 0F

Ex-Midland 1P

Ex-Midland 1F

Ex-LM&SR   3F

Ex-Midland 3F {tender}

Ex-Midland 4F

All are known to have frequented the S&DJR with the exception of the 1F though I think one have been around Bath Green Park in the 20s or thirties. I could be making that up of course but.......

Rob. 

Glad the Pug procurements are coming on nicely. 

Agree with the moulded lubricator comments. Something that frustrated me on my build. 

Nice makings of an S&D loco roster there but missing a 7F..  ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

An introduction if I may to the next building to fall victim, ahem, to be repainted, detailed and weathered. 

This is the Hornby Butterley waiting room. Acquired from the Classified section hereon, courtesy of Rowsley 17D for a very reasonable sum. In good order with one side repainted in Midland colours. 

Though a Midland Railway structure, I think it will capture the feeling of the timber station buildings seen on the Great Eastern branches. Suitably painted and weathered, I hope it will look the part on Lambton Muffler. 

Rob

20210208_195209-01.jpeg

20210208_195155-01.jpeg

20210208_195137-01.jpeg

That will scrub up nicely Rob... 

:D

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, 46444 said:

Glad the Pug procurements are coming on nicely. 

Agree with the moulded lubricator comments. Something that frustrated me on my build. 

Nice makings of an S&D loco roster there but missing a 7F..  ;)

I have one, Mark............Its too long for Bleat. A Crab is a squeeze though I might get an Ivatt 4mt at some point. I think one would just about make it. Not in anyway prototypical,  anymore than a Crab or 7F would be, but attractive locos.  The Ivatts pottered about the S&D up to the early 50s but as far as I'm aware, never made it along to the Highbridge area where Bleat is located. 

A bit of modellers licence perchance? 

But I have a bit to attend to before we start acquiring more locos........... 

Rob  

Edited by NHY 581
More waffle added.
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I do like a basic wooden station. With a regional repaint it would put me in mind of somewhere back of beyond like Thaxted. I think that it's going to work rather well.

Thanks, Rob. 

I agree. I thought about adding a canopy but reconsidered. Its better as is. No frills but supported by a couple of other smaller, contrasting platform structures. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

An introduction if I may to the next building to fall victim, ahem, to be repainted, detailed and weathered. 

This is the Hornby Butterley waiting room. Acquired from the Classified section hereon, courtesy of Rowsley 17D for a very reasonable sum. In good order with one side repainted in Midland colours. 

Though a Midland Railway structure, I think it will capture the feeling of the timber station buildings seen on the Great Eastern branches. Suitably painted and weathered, I hope it will look the part on Lambton Muffler. 

Rob

20210208_195209-01.jpeg

20210208_195155-01.jpeg

20210208_195137-01.jpeg

Ey Up ! More nice bits to play with ?

YEY !!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

Rob

20210208_195209-01.jpeg

20210208_195155-01.jpeg

20210208_195137-01.jpeg

I agree. A nice looking building, which won't look out of place in a GE setting. Funilly enough, it looks rather reminiscent of Horrabridge (which was GW) as well.

Alex

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, wiggoforgold said:

I agree. A nice looking building, which won't look out of place in a GE setting. Funilly enough, it looks rather reminiscent of Horrabridge (which was GW) as well.

Alex

Horrabridge? Where's Nick @Brinkly when you need him?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Both proposed layouts will utilise my now standard LACK tabletops from IKEA's model railway baseboard department. This will come from the larger of the two tables in this set for the scenic section. 120cm x 40cm x 5cm.

What happens to all the small tables, Rob?

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Another repeated view of Mutton. Much edited but one of my favourite views of an Adams Radial at Mutton. 

index-22-01-01-01-02.jpeg.44492645c315716c0aca3a63c39a3951.jpeg-01.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

What happens to all the small tables, Rob?

The three from the current layouts are supporting Bleat Wharf at present. I will probably pop the two from these proposed schemes in the attic for now. Or I could hinge them and use them as a fiddly yard for Lambton. Who knows?  Life's an adventure.......

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1