• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Not much to report this morning. Off to work shortly and that will be me done until about 8 this evening. 

However, I managed to weather the windows and fit them to the station building. 

Notice boards to sort out and fit. Other sticky out stuff can wait until I'm ready to plonk on the layout. 

And thats it just about done for now. I will write up a start to notice board stage by stage.....ish....probably tomorrow. 

Rob. 

20210227_091727-02.jpeg

Magnificent! 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Not much to report this morning. Off to work shortly and that will be me done until about 8 this evening. 

However, I managed to weather the windows and fit them to the station building. 

Notice boards to sort out and fit. Other sticky out stuff can wait until I'm ready to plonk on the layout. 

And thats it just about done for now. I will write up a start to notice board stage by stage.....ish....probably tomorrow. 

Rob. 

20210227_091727-02.jpeg

Fab.

And I'm glad you're well enough to return to work!

• Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 25/02/2021 at 18:08, NHY 581 said:

Well......my normal M.O is to use DAS to provide the ground cover and bed the buildings in. 

I'm pretty certain I can lower the building by slicing off the bottom 5mm or so. 

Food for thought......

Rob. 

I have a suitable array of tools for building slicing. Hope that helps.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

A more comprehensive update will follow but for now I can confirm that the notice boards are done and ready to go on. 

Rob. 

20210228_082450-01.jpeg

Excellent job Rob. You've even managed to get that sheen/bloom that you see old boards.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Rob

Do you used the humbrol matt acrylic aerosol, hand brushed or airbrush?

Hope you don’t mind me asking you to reveal your trade secrets :o

Chris

Evening Chris. 

Not in the slightest. I use the Humbrol Matt varnish in aerosol form. I don't have an airbrush. Brush painted, if used over powders would dilute and disturb them. 

Light coat only, either over painted surface or over powders. 

Too thick a coat on powders will dilute them. I therefore spray almost  at arms length. This means the varnish is all but dry when it lands. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ighten said:

Im guessing your doing this indoors (the spraying from aerosol) - there's only so many times I can get away with saying the Rayburns juts been serviced...

Quite. I choose my spraying times carefully. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Quite. I choose my spraying times carefully. 

I use Vallejo varnish in the airbrush but I wondered if the humbrol matt gave a tougher finish as I imagine the Vallejo stuff wouldn’t stand up to much abuse (especially with a fibreglass pencil)

I only bought an airbrush because the smell from spraying aerosols in the house can be unpleasant for others and tends to linger :blush: and it’s too cold in the shed :lol:

• Friendly/supportive 1