• RMweb Gold

Hell fire !!!!

Who would have thought it. 

Congratulations, John and thank you. Before tampering with the little chap any further, I will wait for the new cylinders to arrive. 

I also have to order works plates from Narrow Planet for this one and the B2 as well. 

And here,'s to the next 10,000 posts.

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Nah, sorry, don't think that so neat a job would have used such poor timber that it has rotted so quick at the ends.

Had the planks been just nailed over the top of the frame, then maybe it might have deteriorated so much.

Sheet timber might have been used, even wriggly tin.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Nah, sorry, don't think that so neat a job would have used such poor timber that it has rotted so quick at the ends.

Had the planks been just nailed over the top of the frame, then maybe it might have deteriorated so much.

Sheet timber might have been used, even wriggly tin.

But surely every engine shed deserves to have at least one window boarded up with nice, posh materials?

If Rob leaves the nice, posh planking in place long enough, it will probably rot enough for your satisfaction and will then need to be replaced by some corrugated stuff.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I like it, the effect reminds me of the 4"X 3" colour pictures that I took around Conwy when I was about twelve using an ancient Comet camera my mother had bought to record her school trip to Lake Como back in 1955. Only 24 exposures at a time and no need to photoshop in  that aged look. It took beautiful black and white pictures though!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Hmm, that one has gone a bit too far with the special effects for my taste, Rob - sorry!

My apologies. I've deleted the post. 

I'm simply posting images as due to a few things going on I am not progressing anything new at present. 

I'll leave for now. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Hmm, that one has gone a bit too far with the special effects for my taste, Rob - sorry!

It's called 'a bit of fun', I like it, like finding an old forgotten photo in the bottom of a drawer. 

58 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I'm simply posting images as due to a few things going on I am not progressing anything new at present. 

I'll leave for now. 

Keep 'em coming!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

If you'd left it there, I'd have indicated that I liked it, but you didn't, so I can't.

It's your topic, you can post what you like. So can I.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

I'll leave for now. 

If a thing's worth doing, Rob, it's worth overdoing. We only really find where the limits are when we exceed them.

As an alternative, may I suggest "Digital Sepia". It looks quite effective and lots of cameras nowadays can do it as a filter setting without recourse to the PC. Mine will save a "straight" colour copy at the same time.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

My wife took a tumble in the garden last year and broke her wrist, needing plaster for some time. This has been off some time, but she started to complain of ache and pains, particularly at night, diagnosed as carpal tunnel syndrome. The physio advised using a wrist support splint, the type with Velcro straps, and we had one from a previous occasion. Now she puts it on before going to sleep, which seems to have cleared it. Best wishes with your problems, I do hope to see more of the Sheep saga in time.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10