• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Oh yes, I like that.

What ground cover - the usual grass?

Al.

Hi Al, 

Yes, much grass and general rundownidness.

Rob. 

• Like 6

All the best Rob.. These things can be disconcerting  to say the least. I had detached retinas in both eyes about 10 years ago, which has left me with slightly intermittent focusing. I seem to be developing a bit of the shaky hand syndrome too. It's forced a bit of a reappraisal of what I can and can't do, and I look around for aids to help. A set of "helping hands" arrived today, and I no longer feel guilty a out buying stuff I can't do myself. Keep up the work. It is always inspiring, and I for one have learned a lot from your posts, which is helping me in  my own efforts.

Alex

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

I'm already imagining that Outwool is going to be one of those wonderfully obscure and seldom recorded railway locations. No doubt if you tried to find it sixty five years later, the only giveaway would look like this:

quy(nc5.2015)25.jpg.cf5cf03f079b0a2257ec12663e0910bf.jpg

Borrowed from disused stations.org

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

All the best Rob.. These things can be disconcerting  to say the least. I had detached retinas in both eyes about 10 years ago, which has left me with slightly intermittent focusing. I seem to be developing a bit of the shaky hand syndrome too. It's forced a bit of a reappraisal of what I can and can't do, and I look around for aids to help. A set of "helping hands" arrived today, and I no longer feel guilty a out buying stuff I can't do myself. Keep up the work. It is always inspiring, and I for one have learned a lot from your posts, which is helping me in  my own efforts.

Alex

Morning Alex. Knowing how frustrating I am finding  the problems with my hands and eyes, I'm sorry to hear of yours. My frustration will wear off as I work around it. I'm going to arrange for an eye test, hopefully next week. This should confirm if my issues are down to the diabetes or simply wonky eyes. Both can be sorted or accommodated. 

As for inspiration, I have a quick link saved which takes me to the building of Upwell Drove, your lovely take on the Wisbleat and Upwool. So you will, I'm sorry to say, have to take some of the blame for what happens at Outwool. 

The account of your building of it never fails to provide enjoyment and I return time and time again. 

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I'm already imagining that Outwool is going to be one of those wonderfully obscure and seldom recorded railway locations. No doubt if you tried to find it sixty five years later, the only giveaway would look like this:

quy(nc5.2015)25.jpg.cf5cf03f079b0a2257ec12663e0910bf.jpg

Borrowed from disused stations.org

Morning Rob. 

Like it....flat with a big sky and I love the gate post. Oh and the lurching telegraph poles. Alex had fun with his on Upwell. 

The challenge for me I guess is to capture that open look on Outwool with a scenic board of 4ft x 16 inches. 

Top stuff. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

The challenge for me I guess is to capture that open look on Outwool with a scenic board of 4ft x 16 inches. 

If anyone can do it you can.

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

She was a Greek singer in the 1970s, wasn't she?

I thought she worked in Mr.Papadopoulos's cafe in Horrocksford as a waitress ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1