• RMweb Gold

Bad luck Rob, so glad it's not been too bad.

I was getting 2 tests per week due to working in a hospital & got a positive test on 16th Dec, despite wearing masks, gloves, aprons constantly and gallons of alcohol gel sloshing around. So it really is frightening how it can get around. 

Only felt like a cold at that time, but then got very tired, no cough thankfully.  Isolated until after Christmas, then other half had similar symptoms; then lockdown, so really haven't done much!

I will say that I didn't recover from the tiredness for at least 2½ weeks, so you are right to be taking a break. Look after yourself and hope others are ok too.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

All the best for you recovery, sounds like you are thankfully over the worst. As others have said it does seem to affect folks over a wide range of severity but no matter how mild/severe it takes a long time for the fatigue symptoms to do one, with a good day paid for with a bushwacked day. Take it easy, all the best. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Really Mr Rob Sheapdip what on earth are you doing commenting. You know what the Doctor said, you must rest and not get distracted by playing with your Choo choos.

I will be round later with some chicken soup and to give you your bed bath,

Nurse Gladys Emmanuel 

Ps hope you get well soon.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

Rob, you are in a good place with working for the Police. Take the time, you will get paid. When I got it in May I was supposed to have 8 weeks off, I could only manage 3 because of being on SSP only! Lots of shifts later Long Covid caught up with me a couple of weeks ago, and battered my immune system.

Take care, take the time, don't rush back.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Recovery back to full health is the only priority now, Rob, together with the health of your family, so do please get well as soon as you can, so that we can enjoy some more of your sheepcredible modelling!

I found some of this very helpful in passing lockdown time, by the way - 

Take the best of care, my friend!

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Just to add my own best wishes for a full - and hopefully speedy - recovery. I know a number of people who have had it - and luckily none severely - but all described the same absolute sapping of all energy and how during recovery a step forward can often be followed by what feels like two steps back, so slow and steady is the order of the day.

Those sheep are a patient bunch, and will still be there waiting for you when you are fully better.

Steve S

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

@Clive Mortimore can explain better than I.

Poor Rob has been unwell I cannot get him excited with a photo of the lady in boots and slow his recovery down.

Rob please look away now, this is for the Captain.

image.png.c8ebff8f46daf4e05ad955f11706aa43.png

Get well soon Rob.

• Like 3
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

.HotSpot_LittleBo_Peep_001.jpeg.ba410c9b4367a2f88536b321d6c93997.jpeg

As a side thought, do sheep always cross their front legs?

Only those aux fait with social media selfies and making your legs look slimmer and longer.

But it's almost a metaphor isn't it - sheep and social media

That isn't Bo Peep either, her crook is way too small to catch any sheep with, think it's someone pretending, maybe the sheep aren't real either and have been photoshopped.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Sheep Bloke!  I'm sorry to learn that you have been under the weather.  Almost two years ago I picked up a virus in Newe Zealand and had to live with it for two and a half months.  I should have let it stop me from going here, there and everywhere like I usually do but I had this crazy idea that being ill is a minor incovenience and kept going when it was most unwise to do so.  Should I come to be smitten by Covid I will know better.  All the best, Chris

• Friendly/supportive 5