• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Cause and effect?

My first wife liked decorating, so I thought it would be a good idea to buy her a steam wallpaper stripper for her birthday...

How long were you in A&E having it removed?

• Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Rob,

Bit late to the response re treatment of the twiggy stuff, I would also agree about using the mackro-whaveee to sanitise it and also leaving said specimen in glycerine ( maybe a day or so ). It does seem to make a difference for flexibility from my experience many years ago and would certainly try it again.

Loving your latest photographs !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

The Peckett with the tree growing out of the funnel is a bit unfortunate... :)

Al.

I couldn't have lined it up any better if I'd tried.....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Alister_G said:

The Peckett with the tree growing out of the funnel is a bit unfortunate

Oh, I don't know.

The essential ambiguity implied with the juxtaposition of arboreal phenomenon and manufactured artifact implies a deftly woven suffusion of essential light and shade, which transcends the merely ethereal and sustains an exciting new provenance of the contemporaneous interplay between the artistic and the subliminal integration of reality with specific spatial metaphors.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 8

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh, I don't know.

The essential ambiguity implied with the juxtaposition of arboreal phenomenon and manufactured artifact implies a deftly woven suffusion of essential light and shade, which transcends the merely ethereal and sustains an exciting new provenance of the contemporaneous interplay between the artistic and the subliminal integration of reality with specific spatial metaphors.

You mean it's either a deliberate 'mistake' or a complete c*ck up.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You mean it's either a deliberate 'mistake' or a complete c*ck up.

Neither confirmation nor denial would serve to clarify the current ambiguity of aesthetic harmony overlaid with subjective resonance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Neither confirmation nor denial would serve to clarify the current ambiguity of aesthetic harmony overlaid with subjective resonance.

I do find with your epistles it's sometimes difficult to see the the wood for the trees...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

10 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I do find with your epistles it's sometimes difficult to see the the wood for the trees...

I am aware of websites that allow you to generate gobblyguck, but in the Capitan's case I think he does it all himself.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

I am aware of websites that allow you to generate gobblyguck, but in the Capitan's case I think he does it all himself.

We recognise it as gobbledygook, I'm not sure the Captain does as it's probably natural-speak for rail-related middle management personnel.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

We recognise it as gobbledygook, I'm not sure the Captain does as it's probably natural-speak for rail-related middle management personnel.

I thought he was much senior than that due to his title or is that honourary?

41 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh, I don't know.

really need your representation when I approach contemporary art galleries for exhibition space.

That statement makes artybollocks.com look like dyslexics...

You the man!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Is this going to turn into one of those "I'm offended by your hate speech and I need a special safe place to go and hide" kind of incidents? :D

Where I eventually get into trouble just for saying something supportive like:

"Oh suck it up Samantha..."

Or suchlike?

I'm trying to be sensitive, honest I am....

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Probably work something like this, if of course it was going to develop into such a scenario- that's civil service speak that is you know.

' I am offended by the use of the word Pannier and will in future not recognise the word. Instead I will use the word flowerpots instead'

There you go are you satisfied now.

Yours, sensitive soul from Utersnall just outside Horricksford.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3