• RMweb Gold

Superb....

Forgot how good the fast show was...

Rowley Birkin, brilliant.

Rob

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

That makes sense. Just watched the original and had the sound on this time............OK, I know!!!!!! Dumber and dumber.

Thanks mate. Fast Show,,,,,,great, smooth, today I shall mainly be (listening) etc

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Further tinkering with the Stanier coach this morning.

First coach I have tried to weather. Say what you like about Hornby but they do make some very nice coaches.

Rob

post-14122-0-06776200-1421841674_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-47370300-1421841714_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-11539400-1421841744_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-07444500-1421841762_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

If you decide you don't want it can I have it please? Excellent stuff.

Somewhere I have tread that Modellers Mecca do a 'special' bellows gangway connection for these as Larry Goddard (Coachman) had them specially set up for him. If you want connectors like this you ask for the LG type when ordering. I don't have any yet, however they look very good indeed (see his coach thread).

Quackers.

• RMweb Gold

This thread reminds me of Indomitable026's latest non-project, apart from the rhinos and Finchings, of course - 10 pages of postings and not a hint of actual modelling.

Keep up the good work - that'll show those MRJ Editors !

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This thread reminds me of Indomitable026's latest non-project, apart from the rhinos and Finchings, of course - 10 pages of postings and not a hint of actual modelling.

Point of order Stu, Damian didn't build some track not using that fancy jig he didn't buy and then didn't test the locos on it he hasn't bought.

Ps, if I stay on my current train I'll be in Teutonic about lunchtime. Tempting...

Edit. Should have read Truro. Bl00dy auto-correct.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You are right of course, Stubbs. My lack of progress is a bit poor.

Lamentable even.

I had hoped to have sorted the boards out by now but despite having four days off, time has not been on my side with lots of other stuff intruding.

I will plod on with stock and buildings until I can get enough time to get the hammer and nails out.

Please, bear with me.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Not much to report. Bit more tinkering with Stanier this evening. Interim photo of the brake. Still learning.

Rob

post-14122-0-12802200-1421969251_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

HSTs definitely had all electric kitchen equiipment - I'm rather wary of making such a definitive statement for anything built prior to them as many (all?) Mk1 catering vehicles had gas fuelled kit.

Apart from some very early kitchen cars which used anthracite, all Mark 1s used gas. There were no Mark 2s with real kitchens, and the Mark 3s were all-electric (both HST and loco-hauled).

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

All quiet on the Western Front at the moment, CK.

Work has well and truly scuppered any progress. May seek to remedy that as still got three days off.

Finding it really hard to get some decent modelling time at the moment though.

Once I finish the Stanier Brake, I will turn my attention to the Thompson twins.

However, I would really like to get the boards knocked together.

We shall see.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Dundee cake is rather scrummy as well. However, scored massive amount of brownie points with the Memsahib yesterday by cooking a dinner of bangers, mash, onions, peas and a creamy gravy. All washed down with a glass of merlot. ....

No modelling but a fine culinary experience. ..

Fat Rob

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Recently spotted CK out and about in his new company vehicle....

Brilliant. We did wonder who the odd-looking fellow with the camera was, lurking in the undergrowth. You weren't the chap dressed only in a pair of underpants and a false moustache, were you? We did rather think that he may have got badly scratched by the brambles, but then again, there was a Savlon trade stand nearby, so we didn't worry too much.

Interestingly, shortly after you must have taken that photo, Gerald, the Chief Rabbit, together with Lionel, his Assistant Deputy Chief Supervisor, arrived at the event with much fanfare and pomp (there was no Circumstance, the organisers couldn't afford any) and demanded a free copy of the Daily Mirror. Regrettably the receptionist only had a copy of The Sun, but their ire was deflected when they were distracted by a near-naked man running around, asking people for spare change to get a tube of ointment.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1