• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

We've all played Bullsh1t Bingo over the years - this week I was introduced to a topical variation:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=conference+call+bingo

(other search engines are available)

Good old Bullsh1t Bingo, a real saviour in a boring meeting.

Some years ago I was a Town Councillor when we were joined by a former management consultant from PwC. The bingo scoring went through the roof.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Tesco cat food aisle

20200321_075846.jpg.291c74bacd9c6e0e70d6fb0a11aefc86.jpg

What are people eating ???

I can explain this one.  The increased time humans are spending at home is having an adverse effect on the cat population. They are being prevented from taking their full 15 daytime naps by humans disturbing them. Awake for up to an additional 4 hours a day they may as well fit in a few extra snacks.....

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

We popped to the pharmacy at the biggest Tesco in Cardiff yesterday evening. 

Wandering around the store it all seemed quite orderly but there were considerable gaps on the shelves. 

One interesting gap was in the alcohol aisle where we saw ( not that we were buying any...hate the stuff) or didn't see, large bottles of vodka. Gone. Devoid. Other spirits were present but vodka, nope. 

I can only assume that it was bought in lieu of hand sanitiser........and would probably taste the same. 

Rob. 

We couldn't buy any sanitiser this morning so Veronica made her own, using one of the gins we didn't like (Citadelle, as it happens) and aloe vera. Seems to work.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I have to say not keen on wiping my bottom with a 14xx

Having known you all this time, I just can't understand why such a thought could even enter your head? The cheek of it! A tissue of fabrication, probably. You must wipe that thought completely away and go and sit on the naughty stool.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

We popped to the pharmacy at the biggest Tesco in Cardiff yesterday evening. 

Wandering around the store it all seemed quite orderly but there were considerable gaps on the shelves. 

One interesting gap was in the alcohol aisle where we saw ( not that we were buying any...hate the stuff) or didn't see, large bottles of vodka. Gone. Devoid. Other spirits were present but vodka, nope. 

I can only assume that it was bought in lieu of hand sanitiser........and would probably taste the same. 

Rob. 

The pubs were closing and people need to panic buy alcohol now, someone in Sainsbury's this morning said it had all gone, I wasn't looking.  in Aldi there was a chap and his wife filling a trolley with packs of beer and spirits making noises about these being essentials.

Quite sad, I enjoy the odd drink but it would never feature on my list of essentials.

• Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Our local Tesco has now started closing overnight, so that they can get a decent chance to re-stock the shelves. I would hope that in a week or a fortnight or so, stock levels will be that much better and folk will stand a better chance of getting their booze.

in the meantime, I have a couple of Spitfires in the hanger for real emergencies.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Having known you all this time, I just can't understand why such a thought could even enter your head? The cheek of it! A tissue of fabrication, probably. You must wipe that thought completely away and go and sit on the naughty stool.

Even by your own high standards, Captain, that was one of the most moving posts I've ever read.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

In the meantime, I have a couple of Spitfires in the hanger for real emergencies.

If only... 

634903674836ef71f653d35bd1d697f8.jpg.3d5e2aacf045b5dd9a0752d10379332c.jpg

Edit to say I know it's the Castle Bromwich works but if it's full of planes you could maybe call it a hanger... 

Edited by Anotheran
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Human beings are funny folk, aren't they.

Normally when I'm at work in the office, I cast an occasional look at RMWeb through the day, if I'm waiting for some backups to finish, or whatever, but this last week, whilst working from home, I've managed to lay an enormous guilt trip on myself, and haven't once looked at RMWeb during "office hours". Most peculiar, it's not like anyone would know.

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

As long as it was head-first I suppose that wouldn't be too bad...

Now, I've got the mental image and I can't unget it.  Go to your room young man and stay there until you've had a long hard think about what you've done!

5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I feel the same about gin; just can't drink it without wanting to vom.  But your aversion may be caused by exposure to rubbish Brit voddy made in 'Varrington'; try to give the good stuff a go before dismissing it entirely.  Russian Standard might change your mind...

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, colin penfold said:

I can explain this one.  The increased time humans are spending at home is having an adverse effect on the cat population. They are being prevented from taking their full 15 daytime naps by humans disturbing them. Awake for up to an additional 4 hours a day they may as well fit in a few extra snacks.....

Like others on this thread, we're working from home at the moment - so the cats have decided that, as we're home, it must be dinner time. Whatever time it is...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 minutes ago, mullie said:

Trouble is all that food has to come out the other end and as we don't have cats they like to use our garden as a toilet. I used to like cats!

Martyn

We used to have that problem till we got a dachshund   no cat poop but plenty of dog poop though 

• Friendly/supportive 1

38 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

We used to have that problem till we got a dachshund   no cat poop but plenty of dog poop though 

I'm sure Issac Newton had a relevant law for this :crazy_mini:

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, teaky said:

I'm still searching for a pannier repellant though.  Those things seem to get everywhere.

We're watching you. Another wisecrack like that and it's the Naughty LNER Stool  for you, sunshine!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4