I have one. It was very jerky out of the box but on examination I found that the pickups weren’t touching every wheel and lost contact on curves.

After some attention and adjustments 

it now runs pretty well . 
Taking off the keeper plate is the devils own job and the chassis is very basic but it was worth doing. 
I am now happy with the way mine now runs

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, david51 said:

I have one. It was very jerky out of the box but on examination I found that the pickups weren’t touching every wheel and lost contact on curves.

After some attention and adjustments 

it now runs pretty well . 
Taking off the keeper plate is the devils own job and the chassis is very basic but it was worth doing. 
I am now happy with the way mine now runs

Hi David. 

My apologies but is this the 1361 or the O2? 

Rob. 

• RMweb Gold

I see this O2 thing as a bit of a challenge. I have one that was 'got at' a few years ago and it has been in a display cabinet ever since. I now have a decoder for it and will be testing it out after the wheels have been cleaned. Where's the challenge? I shall attempt to produce a moving picture that can accompany beer and crisps, that's where.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/laughinglobster/29006775295/in/dateposted/

Edited by Mick Bonwick
Adding missing letters. Again.
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

1st hand - holds phone with camera on , video mode selected

2nd hand - holds controller

3rd hand - starts video recording

2nd hand - turns controller on

1st hand - moves phone/camera to follow loco

3rd hand - appears in shot to nudge loco when required

2nd hand - increases power on controller

4th hand - closes door flap !

Easy really 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Kernow Towers.

Ah! C'est bonne.

• Funny 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Kernow Towers.

Always good to have a name for your home (unlike the peasants who have to make do with a number)

My humble abode is known as: Firkham Hall.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

My Mum and Dad were less than impressed when they found the log books to various motorcycles then owned by myself where I had added 'Toad Hall' to the address via the DVLA. 

Rob. 

• Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

DJ Models Adams O2 under test.

https://youtu.be/mrYUbvAeNCs

I haven't mastered the art of smooth movement (!) yet, but at least I didn't fall off the skateboard.

The locomotive runs fairly well, with only one faltering moment across a particularly troublesome point. This all takes place in the fiddle yard, so fixing that point isn't very high on the priority list - somewhere around page 256.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I haven't mastered the art of smooth movement (!) yet, but at least I didn't fall off the skateboard.

The locomotive runs fairly well, with only one faltering moment across a particularly troublesome point. This all takes place in the fiddle yard, so fixing that point isn't very high on the priority list - somewhere around page 256.

What's completely unacceptable about all this, is the fact that DJM could get this 0-4-4T to run as well as that, but were simply unable to replicate that level of satisfactory running with another basic loco with an 0-4-2T wheel arrangement.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

What's completely unacceptable about all this, is the fact that DJM could get this 0-4-4T to run as well as that, but were simply unable to replicate that level of satisfactory running with another basic loco with an 0-4-2T wheel arrangement.

It just means they got their priorities right, that's all.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I did notice a hiccup around 0.46 secs. My first one used to do that as it passed the frogs. ( no pigeons or sparrows). That's what concerns me. 

Also, I like locos to slow gradually to a halt, like the large metallic objects they represent. I know I'm fussy. 

3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Indeed.......equally unacceptable is that despite all the feed back, Hattons continued to send them out.........

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Yes, we don't allow the likes of you in at the front:

1300516594_Frontentrance.jpg.def2a5c76e9df93380ac8f9a7ab77ab4.jpg

That's almost as fancy as the NER loco dept offices at Darlington.

https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/101389488-stooperdale-offices-brinkburn-faverdale-ward#.XvNbXm1KjIU

• Like 2
  • Agree 1