2 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

PS: Nearest cider farm to Wookey these days is Roger Wilkins at Lands End Farm, Mudgley.

Not the sort of drink a Northerner should tackle head-on, so to speak.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.  Being tee total  (Apart from model railway weekends and when will the next one of them be?) that looks like a good excuse to get to the Wells gathering. Mr Axlebox shall have to work on getting an invite for Crock Depot to the "Hot" event.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Am I the only one who sees a 2mm   4mm layout at the front and a well integrated backscene to the rear.

That was my sorta thinking.

Although I have this to ponder. It has a similar  (but signalled) crossover. You have to strain your eyes to see it.

https://flic.kr/p/2iZ4G4T

Apols Rob for the porcine diversions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Sorry to hijack Rob

Ok, what do you want for him in exchange?

We need him back or we'll never know what's going on down!

Edited by Tim Dubya
Angela Rippon
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Visited Land's End Farm back in my biker period, the early 80s.  You were required to hand your bike keys in if you had more than one glass of scrumpy, and encouraged to stay the night sleeping on the straw.  I woke up on the straw but have no recollection of going to sleep on it...  

They also served me the best Cheddar cheese I've ever had, but you expect that in that part of the world.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

This new layout Rob, it's all a bit lambiguous isn't it.

Edited by Tim Dubya
I had a little lay down, hair cut from 'er indoors and a Bath. After a moment pondering I realised that microscope slide covers would be what I should get into stock next. Thank you for your patience.
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Apparently it used to be Black. 

My old man said just the other day, when we was trying not to catch each other checkin' out the ladies whilst staring at Portland, that the Southern never cleaned their engines, unlike the other lot who always did.

My old man loves a Q1, whatever state it's in.

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

when we was trying not to catch each other checkin' out the ladies whilst staring at Portland,

My near neighbour here in France - born in Bexley - moved to Portland. We walk up Portland Road en route Sherry's local in Babbacombe, and the orientaion of the road probably points almost directly at that island. And checkin' out ladies is what we men wus born for. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 minute ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Rob, have you noticed that the longer you leave it between posts on your own thread, the more irrelevant other people's posts on that thread become?

And what's that got to do with the price of squid?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

So the whale is doing a tour of the bay one morning when he runs into the squid. "Hello, Mr Squid, how are you?" "Not great" says the squid " I may have had a glass too many last night." "Never mind" says the whale "Jump on my back and we'll go round the bay and get you some fresh air." So off they go. Half way round they meet the shark. "Hello Mr Shark" says the whale "Here's that six quid I owe you!"  

• Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I have just purchased a fine selection of door handles, grab rails and droplight grills in a variety of flavours from Mr Roxey.  I was very much tempted by the Markits (lathed by midgets illegally, I suspect) offering but @ £7:95 for 16, I felt that, although they have collars for ease of fitting, they were a tad expensive for my taste.

Edited by Tim Dubya
cauliflower cheese
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1